VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. VERA helps businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share data, no matter where it’s stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, VERA’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
The Director of Product will be a key member of VERA’s growing Product Team and will be a Product Owner working closely with VERA’s Engineering Team with a focus on multiple new features, improvements and enhancements. You will become an expert in the Data Security industry and an authority on identifying new ways to drive the growth and adoption of the VERA platform. You will work closely and collaborate with every team in the company including Engineering, Support, Sales and Marketing as well as third party technology and channel partners. The position reports to the Chief Products Officer.
You will be responsible for developing the product strategy and roadmap; working with Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams to define and prioritize requirements; helping set pricing and go-to-market business models; identifying partnership opportunities, and supporting key strategic deals. You will perform customer discovery and manage the entire product lifecycle from initial concept to conversion to upgrades to end of life.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the capabilities to develop enterprise security products from early concept to market success, to develop and execute on innovative product positioning, and to support sales channels and partners to build commercial traction for their strategy. Candidates will have 7+ years of technology product management experience. Experience with enterprise SaaS is critical, experience with security products a plus. Candidates with drive, a positive attitude, and a desire for success will be given preference.
- Strong understanding of modern computing stack from infrastructure to platform to services required
- Orientation to the modern security ecosystem and experience leading partner/ecosystem integration efforts
- Solid understanding of Enterprise SaaS solutions, business models, associated cost models and tradeoffs
- Demonstrated experience delivering reporting, dashboards and service delivery metrics to drive customer adoption and retention
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, strategic thinking and planning
- Strong leadership skills working across distributed teams with multiple, cross functional business partners
- Deep experience working with Agile delivery methodology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate both technical and business related aspects
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math or Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- 7+ years Product Management experience in Security or related industry in Enterprise Software or Cloud/ SaaS platforms.
- Understanding of applied cryptography for authentication, encryption and trust frameworks will be helpful
- Proven strategic analysis and critical thinking skills to develop vision, roadmap and business case for the VERA Security Platform
- Ability to engage and communicate the VERA value at all levels within an organization from executive leadership to technical decision makers
- Ability to manage product requirements and drive timely execution of product development to specification in the agile development process
- Ability to coordinate across cross functional business partner functions including Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations to ensure successful launch of new features and offerings
- Ability to negotiate internally and externally to achieve business goals
- Passion, energy, enthusiasm, motivation and perseverance.
At VERA, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Join us!
Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. The VERA platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.