The Vera Support team is looking for a highly motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our Global Technical Support team. The ideal applicant will be self-directed, well organized, articulate, and a team player. The Technical Support Engineer will work closely with our Enterprise customers to troubleshoot and resolve issues to satisfaction. Responsible for the review of your own individual case backlog and providing technical and case management advice to junior members of the team along with leveraging established relationships with other teams including Engineering, Sales, Professional Services and outside Vendors. As a member of the Vera Technical Support Team, the candidate will play a key role in developing and maintaining a strong customer perception of support quality, bringing customer and support Engineer feedback into engineering, and working with engineers in the escalation of challenging cases.
This role requires exceptional customer centricity, team building, a motivational style and analytical skills. The right candidate is truly passionate about customer success and has a proven track record to talk about!
- Key Hands-on and customer-facing role in the Technical Support group who will be responsible for supporting the Vera Solution remotely
- Demonstrated capabilities in leading support activities like incident logging, initial trouble shooting, doing root cause analysis, updating knowledge base, logging updates, interacting internal, external stakeholders, ensuring SLAs are adhered in terms of issue resolution, communication and appropriate adherence to incident management procedure.
- Closely interact with enterprise customers in leading technical support of Vera product issues
- Closely collaborating with engineering teams in thoroughly understanding the technical aspects of the solution provided for self-reliant delivery and support to enterprise customers
- Drive and/or coordinate cross team and cross vendor communications with the goal of aligning the required resource to resolve customer technical Issues that span multiple products and vendors.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Vera products and demonstrate a solid technical understanding of the entire Vera solution ecosystem
- Participate in 24x7 shift rotation
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role supporting security or enterprise software products, consulting services.
- Experience with Linux, Windows, MAC, Windows servers, Linux servers, SharePoint
- Shell Scripting and knowledge of Java and Python.
- Good understanding of networking (VLAN's, Routers, AWS VPCs)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work with a rapidly evolving product and leading-edge customers
- Self-starter and motivated to work in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Understand the product direction and customer use-cases and provide input on product and code changes through all points of the product cycle.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic, self-motivated, result oriented and demonstrated ability to add value and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to "think outside the box" and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done right within schedule.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Excellent team player
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Prior experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXI, Xen, KVM, Azure, AWS cloud
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, routers, and moderately complex network topologies, Proxy, Reverse Proxy, DNS, AD, LDAP, Group policy, GPOs, Exchange Server(setup/trouble-shooting)
- Understanding of SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, NFS)
- Understanding of Shell scripting
- Understanding of common support metrics, available tools, typical industry standards for excellent support
- Working knowledge of load balancing, clustering, and redundancy
- Working knowledge of http, web applications, and email servers
- Working knowledge of networking and application security is a plus
- SSO trouble-shooting Okta, PingOne, Microsoft Azure AD/ADFS
- Knowledge of Box, Drobox, Egnyte
- Excellent ninja of Command Line skills
- Log analysis experience or Splunk experience
- Experience with Sys Internal tools
- Strong communication and Incident management skills
- Think collaboratively and communicate effectively with customers, partners and people at all levels.
What you will get:
- A great team-oriented environment
- The freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Competitive Compensation package
- Excellent medical benefits
VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. VERA helps businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share data, no matter where it’s stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.