The Professional Service Engineer will be responsible for providing excellent solution deployment and technical installation services to our customers. The Professional Services Engineer is an experienced, enthusiastic, and hands-on professional who can rapidly learn Vera’s value proposition and apply it to customers of all sizes. The Professional Services Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership on multiple concurrent customer deployments.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work hands-on with Vera customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting services.
- Be dedicated to providing excellent design and deployment solutions resulting in extraordinary customer satisfaction.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Vera teams such as Engineering and Support as needed to address escalated issues.
- Perform hands-on technical design, configuration, and troubleshooting of the Vera service. Deploy Vera cloud-based solution by configuring Authentication using Azure, Okta and other SAML based solutions.
- Support Solution Architects for standard Vera Appliances deployments, upgrades, and validation.
- Work with customer technical resources during installation, troubleshooting, and upgrades to facilitate installation and early resolution of technical issues.
What You Should Have
- 2-4 years’ experience with network, security solutions, and technologies leading security solutions in large environments in professional services or support organizations.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting skills related to networking, routing, IP, NAT, IPSEC VPNs and knowledge of how these interact with applications and users
- Experience or exposure with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Strong knowledge of security and networking concepts like SSL, DNS, Firewalls
- Experience with Linux OS (and some shell scripting) required.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes and standards.
- AD and LDAP experience is preferred.
- SaaS deployment experience preferred: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday and HR as a master for identities preferred.
- Ability to Multi-task and manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging and crisis management.
- Software development experience plus (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. VERA helps businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share data, no matter where it is stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.