The Senior Sales Trainer is responsible for preparing and conducting in-person and virtual training sessions for new and existing field sales employees on Vera products, sales processes and other tools/resources relative to successful job performance. Working with the Enablement team, the Sales Trainer will be responsible for developing and delivering on-boarding and training programs to drive sales productivity and effectiveness, as well as continually adjusting the new hire program based on feedback and training needs identified by stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Deliver presentations and modules at boot camps and ongoing training programs, including topics such as sales methodology and process, Vera solutions and capabilities, and tools and materials for success.
- Partner with Marketing and Product organizations to define sales training & enablement curriculums for Vera products and solutions, including messaging, product positioning, target audiences, and buyer personas
- Oversight on coordination, scheduling, and participation in cross-departmental sessions during onboarding of sales hires.
- Continuous feedback, reporting and ongoing communication of new hire progress to sales leaders.
- Continual evaluation of sales certification processes/procedures/ enablement content; improve training effectiveness by participating in the development of new approaches, techniques, and materials.
- Provide follow up leadership and sales coaching on sales methodology post roll out to support further adoption and reinforcement, both in one-on-one and group settings
- Drives cross-functional collaboration with Enablement, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product and HR teams
What you need to succeed
- Expert level training and facilitation skills (both in-person and VILT)
- Sales enablement curriculum development expertise; deep knowledge of adult learning principles and end to end process to develop and deliver enablement via multiple deployment methods
- Prior years of B2B sales experience or sales management experience– preferably in complex selling environments: SaaS and/or security software industry
- 5 years+ of experience in sales training development and delivery
- Superior communication skills
- Comfortable engaging and communicating with all levels – must be able to conduct needs assessments with sales leadership at the highest levels
- Strategic sales enablement planning and implementation experience
- Experience using learning development software a plus– examples: Campaign, Presenter, Connect
VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. VERA helps businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share data, no matter where it’s stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.