The Finance Team at Vera is the heart and soul that keeps the wheels of the organization turning. With over 90+ globally dispersed employees, we are growing and scaling very fast. We are currently looking for a hands-on Finance Analyst professional who will be responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day activities of the accounting department, accurate and timely month end close, oversight of internal cash management and management reporting. This role reports to the VP of Finance, Carmen Cerrelli. This position is based at Vera HQ in Palo Alto, CA and requires onsite availability during business hours with occasional flexibility.
Where you'll contribute to our success:
- Manage internal accounting and financial reporting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivables, fixed assets and balance sheet management.
- Analyze cash flow and expenses and effectively communicate to other VPs and managers to identify areas of improvement/ action.
- Establish and maintain employee/payroll records, payroll preparation and processing
- Provide leadership and supervision of the accounting staff in completion of the daily and monthly responsibilities.
- Effectively administer accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee invoicing and revenue recognition process.
- Supervise employees expense report reimbursement process and payments.
- Lead audit initiatives.
- Manage the preparations of company budgets.
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Strong communication skills, creativity, and collaboration
- 2-4 years of experience with solid knowledge of US GAAP regulations
- Bachelor's or a Master's degree in Finance and Accounting
- Hands-on experience in faced paced Software start-up environment highly preferred
- Ability to thrive in all situation and opened to a degree of ambiguity
- Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks Online and other platforms
- A dynamic, engaging, team-oriented environment
- The freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Opportunities to grow while charting your own career path
- A competitive compensation package
- Excellent medical benefits
VERA helps security teams fundamentally change how files are protected and how organizations collaborate securely. VERA helps businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share data, no matter where it’s stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption, and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility, and control.
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.