VERA is looking for a highly motivated hands-on Technical Support Manager to lead our Global Technical Support team. The ideal applicant will be self-directed, well organized, articulate, team leader and a team player. Responsibilities entail organization and management of Vera Technical Support team with the goal of developing and maintaining a strong customer perception of support and product quality. This role requires exceptional customer centricity, team building, motivational style, and analytical skills.
- Deliver a customer centered philosophy across the global team that strives to meet and exceed our Support SLAs
- Lead the team by example, become an expert in both Vera product and processes
- Hire, train, and mentor Customer Support Engineers
- Support Pre-Sales and Professional Services trams by tracking, escalating, and resolving issues during POC and deployment phases
- Collaborate closely with Engineering and Product teams while managing escalations
- Manage the complete roster of customer sourced tickets. This includes developing action plans for escalated customer problems, informing customers of the plans, and keeping customers apprised of the progress
- Provide intelligence and reports to management, customers, and other stakeholders, help foresee upcoming bugs or problems
- Use reporting to spot trends and help the product team/engineering, be proactive
- Own, track, report and manage support SLAs and ensure delivery against company/team goals
- 5+ years in Technical Support, 2+ years of building and managing teams
- Experience managing Support team in a SaaS based software solution preferable in networking and security domain
- Leadership skills to hire, on-board, and train Technical Support engineers globally
- Experience supporting application software on Linux, Windows, Mac platforms
- Good understanding of networking (VLAN's, Routers, AWS VPCs)
- Proficiency in support tools like Zendesk and JIRA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Start-up experience is a plus
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXI, Xen, KVM, Azure, AWS cloud
- Understanding of firewalls, load balancers, routers, and moderately complex network topologies, Proxy, Reverse Proxy, DNS, AD, LDAP, Group policy, GPOs, Exchange Server(setup/trouble-shooting)
- Understanding of SSOs, such as Okta, PingOne, Microsoft Azure AD/ADFS
- Understanding of SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, NFS)
- Knowledge of Box and Dropbox
What you will get
- Great team and growth-oriented environment
- Freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Extremely competitive compensation package
- Excellent benefits
We are a fast-growing company with amazing opportunities to grow your career. We are targeting a large and growing market, we have a compelling product offering and offer a generous compensation plan and the ability for you to be successful and have a significant impact on the trajectory of our company.
We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough problems in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. We’re interested in getting things done. Our leadership is open to your input and are stewards of our collective shareholder value. It’s evident in the 400% CAGR we’ve seen over the past 4 years.
Founded in 2014, VERA is headquartered in Palo Alto and led by a team of Security and SaaS industry veterans from MongoDB, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Adobe, HP and Cisco. Join us so we can deliver disruptive approaches to how some of the most sophisticated organizations in the world protect files and secure collaboration.
For more information, visit www.vera.com.