At Vera, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. Our platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.
Backed by Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Amplify Partners, Capital One Growth Ventures, and some of Silicon Valley’s most notable cyber-security angel investors, we're changing the way security works for the enterprise. Join us!
Vera is looking for a Product Manager to join our growing product team. You will be responsible for working with every team in the company as well as partners and existing/potential customers. You will become an expert in the data security industry, if you are not already, and determine what the next ground-breaking features will be to help maintain Vera’s leadership position in the space. Vera is a fast-growing company with plenty of marquee customers, and as a member of the product team you will be immediately impactful to not only these customers and future customers but to the industry as a whole. On a day to day basis you will be working with customers and Engineering to define specs for roadmap and RFE features. You will be helping to prioritize both feature and bug backlogs, helping Sales determine to best technical approach to future customer needs and requests, working with Customer Success and Professional Services to prioritized and determine existing customer commits and asks, as well as outlining and drafting the documentation needed for online help, system architecture and Marketing needs. Working within the Agile framework, you will also be a Product Owner and work closely with developers on a day to day basis across multiple features and improvements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years working as a Product Manager in the software industry – enterprise software a plus
- 5+ years working the software industry – enterprise software a plus
- Broad knowledge of SaaS based solutions and architectural concepts
- Deeper knowledge in any of the following areas: desktop/mobile applications, servers side applications, web-based application
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to speak and write clearly to customers as well as the demonstrated ability to talk on a technical level and communicate clearly with developers and engineers
- Highly self-motivated and excited about making a difference
- Flexible hours – we have incredible teams in both the US and India
- Experience working in an Agile environment a must, as well as having worked with Jira/Confluence, Office products, Adobe products, and files shares (Box, Dropbox, SharePoint, etc.).
- Cybersecurity experience a major plus
- Ability manage multiple projects at a single time
- Ability to travel occasionally – conferences, customers, sales support, etc.
- Working in a terrific, team-oriented environment where you are making a difference on a daily basis
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent medical benefits
Position is located in Palo Alto, CA. Candidates must be located in the SF Bay Area, relocations is not available.