At Vera, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. Our platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.
Backed by Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Amplify Partners, Capital One Growth Ventures, and some of Silicon Valley’s most notable cyber-security angel investors, we're changing the way security works for the enterprise. Join us!
Where you'll contribute to our success:
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system (Jenkins)
- Automate and maintain the software build process
- Automate software deployment and monitoring (Jenkins, SaltStack, Ansible, CloudWatch, DataDog, Linux/Windows systems)
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results to accommodate custom CI/CD pipeline
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into QA, Staging and Production
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
What you bring to the table:
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS/cloud service provider, and on-prem (not Cloud).
- Demonstrable experience with cloud environments (e.g., AWS, VMWare)
- Release automation (e.g. Jenkins), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience (CI/CD pipes).
- Experience using scripting languages (Python, Bash, JS, etc), configuration management tools (Git, Chef, SaltStack, etc) and command execution frameworks.
- Deep understanding of AWS provisioning, monitoring and management
- Experience working with multi-geo teams
- Experience managing Windows server (2010+ and Windows 7/10) and Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu) environments
- Good verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of workflow tools (e.g. Atlassian)