At Vera, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. Our platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.
Backed by Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Amplify Partners, Capital One Growth Ventures, and some of Silicon Valley’s most notable cyber-security angel investors, we're changing the way security works for the enterprise. Join us!
Vera is looking for an experienced Recruiting/HR Specialist to join the People Operations team. As a member of this diverse and dynamic team, you will focus on delivering an extraordinary candidate and employee experience, building positive relationships with our employees, and cultivating a company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to grow in HR and recruiting. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate interviews, meetings, and on-boarding at a high-volume by partnering directly with Hiring Managers
- Call, screen and conduct interviews and qualify prospective candidates and assist them through the recruitment process
- Coordinate pre & post-interview debrief meetings and provide debrief materials
- Identify opportunities to improve candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
- Handle day-to-day operations and serve as the first point of contact for employees to address and resolve their requests, concerns and inquiries
- Conduct New Hire Orientation and facilitate other onboarding tasks
- Culture & Events - Organize and plan company engagement events such happy hours, team events, and other internal events
- Recommend process improvements, identify issues, and make suggestions as appropriate
- Manage the offboarding process for voluntary terminations
What we need to see:
- Proven ability to take initiative-- you can recognize a need and then work to provide a solution
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently
- Experience with recruiting information/applicant tracking systems, such as Greenhouse
- Ability to lead projects to successful completion, multi-task, and work within tight deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills - concise, articulate, confident
- Ability to develop strong partnering relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of Recruiting and HR - you know what an amazing candidate and employee experience looks like and know what it takes to get there
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Greenhouse, Bamboo and G-Suite
- Analytical and excel skills a plus
- We promote from within! As a growing company, there are many opportunities to move up
- A great team-oriented environment
- The freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Competitive Compensation package
- Excellent medical benefits
- Flexible working hours