At Vera, we're building the trusted standard for securing and sharing information. Join us!
Vera is changing the way businesses around the world protect enterprise data. The Vera platform provides dynamic data protection for any kind of information, on any device, and gives you the power to revoke access at any time. We've built a smart, creative, and focused team, solving tough challenges in a diverse, fun, and flexible work environment. Together, we can change how security services are built, deployed, and delivered to enterprises.Backed by Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, Amplify Partners, Capital One Growth Ventures, Clear Ventures, and some of Silicon Valley’s most notable cyber-security angel investors, we're changing the way security works for the enterprise.
The Solutions Engineer (SolE) will be responsible for providing technical installation and configuration services to our customers The SolE is an experienced, enthusiastic, and hands-on professional who can rapidly learn Vera’s value proposition and apply it to customers of all sizes. The SolE is responsible for providing technical assistance on multiple concurrent customer deployments. The SolE will be collaborating with internal teams including Sales, Engineering, and Product Management to ensure successful and timely deployments. The SolE will also participate actively in continuous improvement of our delivery processes.
- Install and configure Vera products within cloud and on-premise environments
- Research interoperability with 3rd party apps and other complex integrations
- Assist customers with technical issues, troubleshoot and provide workarounds
- Help to keep project schedules on track, report status and deliverables
- Manage customer expectations to avoid escalations
- Engage with Product Management to provide early feedback on product features and capabilities to ensure alignment with customer expectations
- Work with Engineering & Release Management to ensure enterprise readiness of all our products
- Review technical product documentation
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementing enterprise infrastructure deployments
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- Direct, hands-on technical experience in a customer-facing role is a must
- Experience in working within collaborative cross-functional teams
- Competence in following project engagement workflows and methodologies
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations
- Startup experience is a plus
- Travel expectations: 25-35%
- Experience with Linux OS and some shell scripting
- Experience with MS-Windows administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Enterprise Cloud storage solutions such as Box/Dropbox/etc.
- Experience with Zendesk and JIRA
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure and managing Cloud Formation Templates a plus
- Understanding of LDAP and Active Directory Services a plus
- Security certifications (CISSP etc.) a plus
What you will get:
- A great team-oriented environment
- The freedom to be creative and make a difference
- Competitive Compensation package
- Excellent medical benefits