At Veo, we are on a mission to end car dependency by making clean transportation accessible to all and advancing the next generation of fully electric micro-mobility systems. Our fleets are constantly evolving and feature a range of vehicles - from pedal and electric bicycles, to standing and seated e-scooters, e-cargo bikes, and ADA accessible devices. We design and build our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems in house and run all our local operations to provide safe, efficient, and responsive mobility services that make communities more sustainable and livable. We are looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to develop and implement new solutions to these exciting challenges. We are headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but are hiring across the U.S. Join us!
Do you enjoy developing ideas for new mechanical products and the systems used to make them? Are you excited about improving a product’s performance and efficiency? Are you passionate about bikes and scooters? If so, you might be Veo’s new Design Engineer!
You will work closely with our creative and manufacturing teams to take a vehicle all the way from conception to production. Helping to ensure strength, stability, and safety, you will be responsible for the mechanical details of our bikes, e-bikes and e-scooters while collaborating with individuals in the U.S. and China through all stages of our design and manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate is a successful and detailed design engineer or industrial engineer who is just as excited about structure, mechanics, and manufacturing as they are about great design design. Enthusiasm about micromobility and solving the last mile problem is equally important!
What you’ll do:
- Apply your strong sense of aesthetics and mechanical mind to design structurally sound vehicles that are easy to maintain and enjoyable to ride
- Use SolidWorks to turn product sketches into technical plans for prototypes, as well as CAD to craft 3D renderings
- Create 3D printed models for design and structural validation
- Assess the quality of our existing vehicles while focusing on continuous improvement initiatives
- Research and use 3D modeling to determine if product ideas are structurally sound and cost effective
- Understand and implement the most current design manufacturing trends
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of professional design engineering experience
- Solid understanding of manufacturing (die-casting, injection molding, metal bending) and has visited facilities in China
- Expertise in SolidWorks (understands surfacing)
- Experience using KeyShot for rendering and animation
- Familiarity with CMF (Color, Material + Finish) processes
- Ability to work with both a Mac and PC
- Speaks and understands Mandarin
- Experience working with lean teams and can manage projects
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth technology company
- Veo ride credits
- Opportunity to work on one of the world’s most challenging problems