Are you experienced in the field of Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Commercialization, or Tech/Innovation-based Economic Development and/or Ecosystem Building? Are you passionate about enhancing inclusive innovation ecosystems? Do you want to join a dynamic and growing Innovation Ecosystems team? If so, VentureWell has an exciting opportunity for you!
VentureWell is growing and seeking individuals who are interested in working with innovation ecosystem leaders to develop, and implement strategies, programs, and services that will advance inclusive innovation and entrepreneurship in regional ecosystems. This includes fostering critical relationships with higher education administrators, tech transfer professionals, DEI advocates, researchers and economic development practitioners to create and sustain equitable growth in various regions across the country. Candidates should have a proven track record in orchestrating partnerships to position higher education institutions and STEM innovators as key partners in nascent and developed ecosystems.
The Innovation Ecosystems team is responsible for collaborating and interfacing with ecosystem leaders (universities, innovation intermediaries, workforce developers, investors, and federal agencies) to drive equitable and inclusive innovative ecosystems. We strive to advance the impact of regional partnership networks by supporting higher education institutions as catalysts for effective ecosystem building. We do this by providing funding, technical assistance, convenings, trainings, strategic guidance, network management, and thought partnership. We value staff members who are curious, committed to environmental sustainability, and have experience (either through work or personal life) working with marginalized groups affected by racism, sexism, or classism.
We are currently seeking candidates with domain experience in fields related to tech/innovation-based economic development, technology transfer, STEM-focused entrepreneurship & talent development, venture capital/funding, Intellectual Property, university-industry partnerships. This role may be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
We have several positions available, including:
- Program Administrator
- Program Officer
- Senior Program Officer
Relevant experience could include:
- Program design and management, with domain experience in fields related to VentureWell program areas (i.e.technology transfer, economic development consulting, intellectual property management/commercialization, venture funding, ecosystem building, public policy, science and technology innovation, entrepreneurship, talent development or related fields)
- Experience in supporting underserved innovators, minority-owned/underserved businesses, HBCUs, and MSIs in I&E programming, with an emphasis on regional engagements
- Experience in collaborating across sectors with stakeholders (i.e. university, government, philanthropy, investment, and industry) on the development, implementation, and amplification of programs funded by grants or contracts
- Experience with developing and managing fellowships, leadership development programs, and/convenings (forums, summits, conferences).
- Interdisciplinary approach to ecosystem building that embraces current best practices, data and research to advance VentureWell’s strategic direction to support inclusive regional development
- Ability to create ecosystem mapping strategies by coordinating and leading meetings with external partners; demonstrated thought-leadership in I&E related topics and emerging industries (panels, publications, presentations, etc.)
- Experience in technology and innovation translation to help partners explore areas of potential collaboration, with a focus on shared goals to expand higher education engagement in regional activities
- Project management or program administration, with domain experience in fields related to VentureWell programmatic areas, specifically with training or experience
VentureWell supports the cultivation of an emerging generation of science and technology inventors and the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems that are critical to their success. Since its founding in 1995, VentureWell has funded or trained over 16,000 science and technology inventors and innovators, resulting in the emergence of over 3,000 ventures with groundbreaking technological advancements in fields like biomedicine and healthcare, sustainable energy and materials, and solutions for low-resource settings. The startups they have supported have raised subsequent funds totaling close to 5.3 billion and are reaching millions of people in nearly 50 countries.
Visit venturewell.org to learn more.
We are open to considering candidates at various levels in their professional careers, and have positions at multiple levels available. If you or someone you know is interested, please apply here.