Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Planner, Engineering & Procurement, to be based in the Houston, TX area:
The Senior Planner, Engineering & Procurement is responsible for overseeing the planning & scheduling processes of the engineering and procurement functions for our major capital projects. This new position will be based in our Houston, TX office and report to the Vice President, Planning & Scheduling.
This position will collaborate with Company leadership and project management to develop and maintain project execution plans and schedules while also providing leadership and oversight of planning & scheduling professionals from our contractors on our projects. In addition, this position will implement robust planning & scheduling processes and procedures that will be able to be replicated across all scopes of work.
The role will also require effective communication to Project and Executive Management for timely decision making and incorporation of stake holder input. The role will have potential for travel to other project locations and contractor offices.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Development and maintenance of internal company plans & schedules.
- Evaluate the Project Schedule and monitor engineering and procurement critical path activities.
- Analyze Project schedule and report on engineering and procurement sequencing issues.
- Monitor and report on contractor procurement package progress.
- Develop contractor engineering and procurement reports for management review.
- Analyze contractor progress methodology and evaluate productivity.
- Audit status of Master Document Register.
- Build relationships and interface with the contractor engineering and procurement project team.
- Assist in coordinating interface information between contractors.
- Review and evaluate contractor productivity and performance against budget.
- Attend Engineering and Procurement progress and schedule update meetings.
- Produce data-based visuals and presentations for management meetings.
- Contribute to reviews of Contractor execution plans & schedules.
- Drive implementation and execution of plans.
- Identify risk mitigations and opportunities for derisking.
- Development and maintenance of planning & scheduling processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of earned value management processes and procedures.
- Provide collaborative leadership to internal Planning & Scheduling team.
- Set up and maintain reporting and dashboard templates for consistent communication.
- Support Time Impact or other commercial claims analysis.
- Utilize Acumen Fuse diagnostic tools, templates and standards.
- Present and effectively communicate plan & schedule information internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain graphical summary depictions of execution plan.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant planning & execution experience in major Oil & Gas engineering and construction projects, particularly in support of engineering and procurement functions.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills.
- Experience with Power BI, SQL or similar relational database management systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.