Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking an experienced team member to join us our Calcasieu Pass team in Cameron, LA. The Supplier Performance Manager requires an in-depth knowledge of commercial contracting and project management. The Supplier Performance Manager must be able to apply this knowledge when reviewing strategic supplier contracts and supplier performance with respect to cost, quality and on-time completion of commitments.
The Supplier Performance Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive approach to effective supplier performance management that ensures supplier performance meets/exceeds expectations through the whole lifecycle of the relationship. This includes all post sourcing activities including the development of supporting processes, tools and metrics and data collection aimed at establishing effective relationships with key strategic suppliers to drive a step change in supplier performance.
The Supplier Performance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Define and measure strategic supplier performance through supplier scorecards, where sustainability, quality, operational, innovation and financial metrics are integrated and supported by consistent, factual data
- Applying best-in-class strategies and advising on strategic direction to maximize value in support of business objectives
- Ensure compliance to applicable strategic supplier Master Service Agreements
- Lead strategic supplier onboarding
- Liaise with strategic suppliers to provide business owners with up-to-date financial information to ensure budgets and schedules are maintained
- Identify performance gaps as well as improvement opportunities and work with strategic suppliers to define action plans and tracking mechanism for achieving the desired performance levels
- Oversee performance reviews with strategic suppliers.
- Lead improvement projects for strategic suppliers
- Actively work with budget owners and planning groups to ensure services needed from strategic suppliers are procured in accordance with Procurement and Finance and Accounting policies.
- Review invoices to ensure alignment with agreements
- Serve as relationship manager between Venture Global Calcasieu Pass and strategic suppliers when issues arise
- Manage a small team of coordinators in support of department responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a LNG plant experience or equivalent petrochemical experience
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to understand contract language
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Ability to balance multiple conflicting projects to establish priorities for the overall best business outcome
- Previous experience with cross functional teams, implementing a project or program
- Previous experience leading a team
- Change agent with strong work ethic
- Knowledge of budgeting, planning, scheduling, training
- High level of HSSE knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically under little direction
- Based in Cameron, LA
- Job level and salary commensurate with experience and skill sets
- May be required to carry a cell phone and respond as needed during working and non-working hours
- May be required to work non-traditional hours as needed
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.