Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a leader to join us as a Pipeline Construction Manager/Director.
- Coordinate design meetings with EPC Contractor, consultants and others as necessary
- Review design drawings for constructibility, best practices and conformance with standard practices and procedures and best engineering and construction practices
- Review preliminary budgets
- Assist in selection of EPC Contractor and finalization of develop scope, budget and construction agreement
- Facilitate and assist Development with permit acquisition support as required
- Develop organizational chart, positions and responsibilities for in-house support staff and coordinate with HR in Job Descriptions, identification and hiring of personnel to staff up internal Organization
- Assist in stewardship of FERC design/construction condition compliance
- Manage EPC Contractor and address construction issues in a timely manner
- Organize weekly OAC meetings and other applicable site meetings with consultants, contractor and development partners
- Assist with Parish/State issues as relates to waivers, proffers or areas that require interpretations
- Establish/maintain positive relationships with EPC, inspection authorities, and other parties as required
- Organize project records and provide monthly reports to Venture Global management as it relates to
- Schedule – Review CPM updates
- Budget – Manage change order process and provide regular budget updates.
- Review and approve monthly/milestone payment applications
- Quality – Manage the quality control process for the project (internal, third party, GC)
- Procurement – work with EPC on scope and selection of subcontractors
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for all project correspondence, RFI’s, Submittals, addendums, change directives, etc.
- Manage the entire turnover process with EPC Contractor
- Conduct strict oversight over EPC’s pipeline commissioning/start-up/in-service process
- Collect all warranties and coordinate training
- Manage punch-list process including overseeing QC team and establishing standards for level of quality and acceptance criteria
- Support standup/turnover to operations
- Construction Manager/Director must be an excellent communicator who can interface with Contractors, Designers and Venture Global management to facilitate a well-run project
- Communicate issues and work to develop solutions to limit risk and exposures
- Support/generate FERC reporting
- Coordinate with terminal construction for quality documentation and turnover requirements
- Applicant should have minimum 10 years’ Project Manager/Construction Supervisory experience in the commercial pipeline construction industry
- FERC project experience preferred
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.