Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Supervisor, Environmental.
The Environmental Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Environmental Manager with implementing and monitoring the Calcasieu Pass LNG environmental management program and all environmental compliance related activities. This includes identifying opportunities for continual improvement, identifying potential noncompliance, and taking swift action to correct. The Environmental Supervisor must have working knowledge of the federal (Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act) regulations, Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) regulations, and Department of Transportation regulations for hazardous materials. In addition, the Environmental Supervisor will need to be familiar with Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regulations surrounding LNG pipelines and LNG facilities This position will be based at the Calcasieu Pass LNG facility.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage multimedia reporting, responsible for establishing and implementing all federal, state, and local regulatory reporting requirements.
- Oversee the environmental compliance management system and ensure all environmental compliance obligations are systematically assessed, entered into system and are maintained in accordance with applicable requirements and permits.
- Evaluate and assess impacts of process improvements and changes for permitting applicability.
- Develop and evaluate direct reports. Manage activities and provide leadership direction to direct reports, management, as well as professional, technical, and support personnel.
- Maintain continuous working relationships with all applicable Local, State, and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Development of Proactive Management Systems, including but not limited to:
- An auditing system to track compliance with regulatory requirements and site policies and procedures.
- A system to track and anticipate upcoming environmental regulations
- A system that aggressively develops and implements compliance programs to address environmental requirements – both regulatory and corporate.
- A system of checks and balances to identify gaps in the environmental program and address those gaps.
- Implement compliance strategies that maintain existing compliance.
- Where non-compliance exists, develop an aggressive action plan to move the site back into compliance.
- EPA/LDEQ reporting requirements, including ERIC/SARA 311/312/313
- Prepare and provide appropriate training to all staff with responsibilities for environmental management at Calcasieu Pass LNG.
- Research federal and LDEQ regulatory requirements, as needed.
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or similar education.
- Experience: 8 years in oil and gas industrial facilities as an environmental professional.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable regulations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, achieving results on time, and ability to influence/negotiate with others at various levels of the organization and with regulatory agencies.
- Ability to work effectively with operations, technical and maintenance personnel and to positively interact with other environmental professionals and the business to maximize results.
- Ability to take initiative, manage a team, identify what is needed and take effective action to bring about change and lead/implement change while maintaining Venture Global’s core values.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to work in hot and humid environments, outdoors and lift 50 pounds.
- Computer knowledge including Apple Mac, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project & PowerPoint.
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.