Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer, Electrical to join our Plaquemines Operations Team in Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana.
This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will be responsible for supporting the development and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring a seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
The successful candidate shall have technical expertise in the Electrical Engineering discipline with in-depth understanding on motors, transformers, switchgear, and other electrical equipment. The incumbent shall also be familiar with associated industry standards, guidelines, and codes.
A working knowledge of general plant equipment in the Oil & Gas industry is also key to the successful performance of this job.
Aside, the successful candidate shall exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills in English as the role is expected to produce coherent, high-quality documents, be a self-starter and develop on conceptual ideas with minimal guidance.
The successful candidate shall provide, as a minimum, intermediate level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team with focus in the following areas:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): With expertise in relevant techniques to adequately lead RCFA exercises for failures relating to plant equipment and/or processes.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): With adequate knowledge in relevant techniques to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective, yet safe robust Maintenance strategy.
- Serves as a resident company Technical Expert, providing advice and guidance on Electrical system engineering issues.
- Provide day-to-day Electrical systems support to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure continued operability of plant equipment.
- Providing advanced diagnostic support, to allow rapid production recovery, in the event of equipment failure and forced plant outages.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) leadership during RCFA exercises and provide technical summaries (with causes and recommendations) to concerned parties.
- Provide interpretation and evaluation services to analysis and recommendations from the Reliability Technicians on predictive programs.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team for Turnaround planning and execution.
- Supports availability tracking and improving the overall reliability for plant equipment and Responsible for evaluating the workflow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage, and preservation requirements for Electrical systems throughout the plant
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- A minimum of eight to ten (10-15) years’ experience working in a senior engineering capacity, with Electrical equipment in an industrial setting in engineering or operations
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of motors, gas turbines (Frames & Aero-derivatives) and compressors is required
- Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Power system analysis
- RCFA tools for conducting failure analysis
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.