Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Planner, Commissioning & Start-Up, to be based in the New Orleans, LA area:
The Senior Planner, Commissioning & Start-Up is responsible for overseeing the planning & scheduling processes and functions for the commissioning and start-up (“CSU”) of our major capital projects. This new position will be based at our project site in Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana and report to the Vice President, Planning & Scheduling.
This position will collaborate with Company leadership and project management to develop and maintain CSU execution plans and schedules while also providing leadership and oversight of contractor planning & scheduling professionals assigned to the project. In addition, this position will implement robust planning & scheduling processes and procedures that will be able to be replicated across all scopes of work.
The role will also require effective communication to Project and Executive Management for timely decision making and incorporation of stake holder input. The role will have potential for travel to other project locations and contractor offices.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Development and maintenance of internal company plans & schedules.
- Contribute to reviews of contractor CSU execution plans & schedules.
- Drive optimization, implementation, and execution of plans.
- Identify risk mitigations and opportunities for derisking.
- Development and maintenance of planning & scheduling processes and procedures.
- Development and maintenance of CSU earned value management processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with Commissioning & Operations leadership.
- Contribute to Simultaneous Operations (“SIMOPS”) reviews.
- Collaborate with internal Planning & Scheduling team.
- Set up and maintain reporting and dashboard templates for consistent communication.
- Support Time Impact or other commercial claims analysis.
- Work with Acumen Fuse diagnostic tools, templates and standards.
- Present and effectively communicate CSU plan & schedule information internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain graphical summary depictions of CSU execution plan.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of relevant planning & execution experience in major Oil & Gas engineering and construction projects, with at least 2 years of specific Commissioning and Start-Up experience.
- Experience in LNG and/or Combined Cycle Power Generation projects.
- Familiarity with interpreting Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (“P&IDs”) and Commissioning Systems.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio skills.
- Experience with Power BI, SQL or similar relational database management systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.