Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The Company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a qualified Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting. The role will report to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and will be based out of Arlington, VA. This role is cross-functional within Venture Global LNG and requires excellent communication with stakeholders across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize and manage multiple activities in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Prepare the interim and annual financial reporting packages, which includes the preparation of financial statements (including the cash flow statement), footnote disclosures, and management’s discussion and analysis to the Company’s internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare disclosure checklists to ensure financial statements and footnote disclosures are in compliance with applicable requirements
- Prepare financial statement tie out packages
- Prepare management reporting packages
- Provide technical support on accounting disclosure issues to ensure compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Prepare statutory reporting packages
- Comply with internal controls for internal and external reporting processes
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting requirements or disclosure requirements in coordination with the technical accounting team and external auditors
- Assist with Company’s review of contracts for accounting implications to determine reporting and disclosure requirements
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Current CPA designation
- 4+ years of related experience (SEC experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of SEC reporting and US GAAP
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding of current reporting matters and consolidations
- Superior attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Experience with Workiva Wdesk platform is a plus
- XBRL experience is a plus
- Discretion in dealing with confidential material
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.