Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior commissioning and start-up professional to join us as an OFE (Owner Furnished Equipment) Group Electrical & EMS (Energy Management System) specialist. The Venture Global OFE team is responsible to ensure that the properly specified and configured Power Island, Pre-treatment and Liquefaction Equipment is delivered on-time. The Venture Global OFE team is also responsible for the performance, interface and correct functionality of the Power Island, Pre-treatment and Liquefaction Equipment. The EMS is a stand-alone system that monitors and controls the properly balanced flow of energy from the Power Island to all of the load centers across the plant and acts to protect the plant in the event of any transient instabilities.
This position will be located initially in Arlington, VA or Houston, TX and transitions to Plaquemines site, LA.
- Responsible for coordinating design reviews with the OFE team and OFE Vendors in relation to EMS design development and EMS interfaces with all of the plant’s electrical systems and electrical system stakeholders
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the EMS site and E-House fabricator deliveries including coordination of interconnecting wiring drawings, installation of equipment held-over for FAT, mechanical and electrical completion plans, initial testing, and signoff of all completed SAT reports
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge and expertise on GE Power Conversion EMS System
- Communicate clearly and promptly up, down and across
- Communicate effectively to manage expectations and build relationships
- Strong planning skills a distinct plus with the ability to adapt to changing site priorities as needed
- Strong record keeping and coordination skills – drives discipline with EPC in this area
- Participate as electrical in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR)
- Represent electrical commissioning in project punch listing activities
- Assurance and audit of equipment installation, electrical test plans and pre-commissioning procedures
- Review installation scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed turnover package
- Review test procedures for component and system testing
- Perform project document reviews
- Support site Change Management for electrical discipline
- Checkout installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practice
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 40% or more to support customer witness tests or factory acceptance tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a University or Technical School, and/or job-related experience with minimum of 10 years field execution experience
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery/Petrochemical Industries and Power Plant maintenance and operations
- Minimum 10 years of electrical experience in supervisor roles and/or specialization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Electrical Lead on mid to large scale project
- Working knowledge and experience with various control systems including PLCS, HMI, Relays, DCS Systems, & EMS System
- Familiarity with Control and Electrical systems as well as Ethernet network configurations and topology.
- MS Office Suite
- EPC experience
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and electrical controls systems
- Must have knowledge of field-testing requirements and equipment to perform the testing
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical codes and standards. Including NEC, NFPA, NETA, and ANSI
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.