Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost
We are currently looking for qualified candidates for a Lead Mechanical Engineer position. beginner. The Mechanical lead role will be to lead the engineering, design and troubleshooting a variety of Mechanical Equipment for an LNG facility. Will require experience with process equipment systems, in a manner in which equipment is operated, safety system design and compliance codes, and with facility troubleshooting as related to oil and gas production.
- Perform job responsibilities as Lead Engineer, leading discipline on medium projects or assigned under the direction of the Department Manager and/or Project Engineer for larger projects
- Ensure adherence to project specifications, governing codes and standards, and good engineering practice
- Ensure adherence to project health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) requirements as well as state and federal regulations
- Leads the effort in the development of mechanical engineering hour estimates for proposed projects, develop man loading and schedule concurrence.
- Monitor the schedule, ensure that project objectives are met, monitor project controls and engineering execution within the approved budget
- Responsible for reporting on engineering, design and equipment development status to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, and performing monthly or bi-weekly assessments of progress
- Participate and contribute advanced level development of all phases of project engineering, including detail design and construction support
- Experience in development of upstream production facility drawings, checking process equipment system designs and participation in hazard reviews performed to API
- Enforces Quality in his/her team.
- Develop the technical content of Mechanical equipment calculations, specifications and data sheets for inquiry and purchase. Ensure these documents are appropriately reviewed, approved, and transmitted
- Has direct communication with equipment manufacturers and works clarifications to resolution.
- Typical equipment includes Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Fired Equipment, HVAC, Pumps, Compressors. General knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Procedure development including start-up, commissioning, operating and maintenance.
- Coordinate and incorporate project requirements and standards.
- Develop Mechanical Work Plans for the installation of equipment
- Initiate Project Deviation Notices that impact the mechanical specifications, effort-hour budget and/or schedule
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Engineers of other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of all information, and to ensure alignment with project requirements and design basis
- Initiate and runs status meetings with the mechanical team to discuss project issues, coordinate/plan key milestone efforts, etc.
- Responsible for obtaining cost related information and developing scope of work documents for project estimates (e.g., TIC estimates)
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or University
- 12+ years of overall experience on capital projects from feasibility through construction
- Minimum of 3 years in a Mechanical Lead role, supervising a team of Mechanical Engineers.
- Familiarity with various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, OneNote) preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Registered Professional Engineering license preferred
- Ability to train and travel to live facilities preferred
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.