Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost
We are looking for qualified candidates for a Lead Electrical Engineer position.
- The candidate will lead projects for the Electrical discipline and interface and coordinate with the rest of the project team.
- Take responsibility for the Electrical engineering and design team assigned to and their design output with respect to quality, cost, and schedule requirements for specific projects.
- Support the Technical Integrity role for the Electrical discipline.
- Ensure all engineering and design work performed adjusts to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Ensure all design work is safe and carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all design work conforms to the codes and standards used by the client, or to agreed industry standards.
- Self-motivated individuals with a desire to solve complex engineering problems, show effective team leadership and communication skills will be ideally suitable for this role.
- Serve as Lead Engineer and supervises the work of other engineers, designers and drafting team.
- Perform designing/engineering work/deliverables as part of the Electrical team.
- Ability to interpret project specifications.
- Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines and the client.
- Support Scope definition, estimation, and progress control of Electrical engineering activities.
- Support/ensure resource allocation based on project schedule requirements
- Lead RFP, Estimations, Detailed Engineering, and field support project activities
- Familiarity of applicable codes and Mining standards to support engineering deliverables
- Support quality assurance and verification role on engineering deliverables
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for working, and getting team members working with you, within the provisions and guidelines of the Worley Quality Assurance system
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions.
- Assist and support junior/intermediate/senior personnel within the Electrical engineering team.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in Electrical engineering.
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and follow required checking procedures.
- May be required to provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
- Provide construction management support for clients as required.
- Participate in the professional development of less experienced members of the department/team.
- Bachelor's degree Electrical Engineering or Applied Science.
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of direct Electrical engineering experience
Technical and Industry Experience
- 15 - 25 years of engineering experience in electrical engineering
- Leadership role supporting large scale EPC projects
- Knowledge of Instrumentation would be an asset/preferable.
- Previous site experience will be an asset.
- Experience in HV Substation and knowledge of Utility Standards is an asset
- Strong knowledge on the development of the following deliverables.
- HV, MV and LV systems
- Protection & Control
- HV knowledge an asset/preferable
- Single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection and wiring diagram
- Layouts – lighting and grounding, cable routing design
- Substation and MCC design
- Area classification per code requirements
- Electrical calculations
- Power System Studies
- HVAC, Ventilation, and Fire Alarm/control system Experience
- Revamp and grassroots project experience
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documentation.
- Working knowledge US LNG applicable codes, standards, regulations, and practices.
- Working knowledge of Power System software e.g., ETAP will be an asset
- Team player, with excellent organizational, communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Design software.
- Basic knowledge of SmartPlant Electrical software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.