Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Application Developer is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and deploying PowerApps solutions for multiple departments. Using an agile methodology and application development best practices, the Application Developer will translate business requirements into business-ready applications. Communicating across multiple teams, this role will develop applications using PowerApps, build automated workflows, and provide data models for efficient data storage and processing. This new position will be based in our Arlington, VA headquarters and report to the BI Manager. This position is structured within IT under the Vice President of Applications.
This position will facilitate the implementation of application development processes, strategies, and procedures. This position will require working with and translating business requirements to a database administrator for data storage. Working with contractors and vendors will be necessary to develop data inputs and automated interfaces.
The position will be located in Arlington, VA.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Drive the development of a secure framework and standards for how custom applications are designed and maintained.
- Develop applications utilizing Microsoft PowerApps, Power Automate, Dataverse, Azure SQL Server databases, and SharePoint.
- Design wireframes, data flow diagrams, data models, and process diagrams.
- Develop prototypes and lead working sessions with business process owners.
- Assist in testing, governance, data quality, training, and documentation efforts.
- Actively engage in business stakeholder requirement workshops to understand, interpret, and translate requirements into effective technical solutions.
- Ensure the right information is identified at the right time and at the appropriate level for application development purposes.
- Educate business stakeholders on application capabilities.
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical stakeholders to solve complex data related problems.
- Maintain existing applications to ensure minimal downtime.
- Create and define tasks to be utilized during sprint planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or related field of study.
- 1+ year in application development.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerApps, Power Automate, SharePoint Lists, Dataverse, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in integrating data sources with PowerApps using APIs, SQL queries or other methods of data transference.
- Proficient in designing database models.
- Experience in UI/UX design practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information.
- Experience in Microsoft Power Apps, .Net, Swift, or other application development software.
- Experience in Azure services.
- Experience in process automation.
- Experience in coding languages primarily Python, R, and SQL.
- Experience with Word Press and web design
- Familiarity with ingestion from Azure Data Lake.
- Experience in agile development and sprint planning.
- Strong technical writing skills.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.