Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects will service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. This position will report to our Senior Manager, Fixed Assets and Capital Projects Accounting and will be located in Arlington, VA.
The Senior Accountant will use their experience to ensure all aspects of the Company’s capital projects and construction costs are recorded accurately and timely in accordance with GAAP, corporate accounting policies and other regulatory standards. This position will ensure proper asset management procedures and internal controls are followed using SAP. The position requires the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Process the entire monthly, quarterly and annual close of construction accounting, including leases and development costs.
- Liaise with the Project Controls team to review the monthly construction and equipment accrual files taking into account the relevant contract terms and project milestones; prepare journal entries to accrue for any needed costs.
- Responsible for the accounting for our various Debt instruments
- Process all banking transactions for in service and in development liquefaction terminals
- Review contracts for appropriate accounting treatment
- Calculate, prepare and record monthly accruals and correcting/adjusting entries in the SAP ERP system.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual analytics
- Assist with the continued build-out of the full cycle fixed assets and project accounting processes, creating a model that is leverageable across the Company’s multiple major LNG projects.
- Support plant assets in-service readiness projects, to include utilizing SAP project systems and fixed asset modules to settle assets under construction into the fixed assets register.
- Develop facility capital project review and analysis process (ROI, etc)
- Prepare fixed asset transactions, including purchases and dispositions, to ensure they are in accordance with the Company's capitalization policy and GAAP (with consultation from the technical accounting team).
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation of the construction in process and fixed asset subledgers to the general ledger to identify and resolve variances and submit related reconciliations in Blackline.
- Prepare external audit PBC requests.
- Calculate and record asset retirement obligations.
- Support the accounting for obsolete and impaired fixed assets.
- Prepare annual property tax returns and assist with property tax incentive programs.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting related role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- CPA preferred
- SAP experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- General knowledge of construction project accounting, vocabulary, and work environment with a basic understanding of current industry trends.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand and interpret vendor agreements
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.