Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Technical Trainer/Assessor.
The Technical Trainer/ Assessor is responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating technical training and competency programs. Writes literature and materials to be used in programs and designs exercises to enhance lectures at the Calcasieu Pass LNG facility. The Technical Trainer/ Assessor will conduct assessments in the field to grade competency in the field. The Technical Trainer/ Assessor must have broad knowledge of regulatory compliance, learning management systems, as well as planning & scheduling. This position will report to the Training Manager at the Calcasieu Pass facility.
- Responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating technical training programs. Writes literature and materials to be used in programs and designs exercises to enhance lectures
- Conduct qualification assessments in the field to ensure field staff competency
- Assess training needs and certification requirements.
- Responsible for deploying face to face and distance training of the Training Department at the Calcasieu Pass LNG Facility
- Prepares training material and agenda for face to face and distance learning.
- Assist in developing Training Curricula, Training Strategies, Instructor's Guides, Student Workbooks, Training Manuals, User's Guides and Quick Reference Guides.
- Assist in developing computer-based training (CBT) modules, Online Help, and Instructor Led Training (ILT) artifacts.
- Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Mentor VGLNG personnel in subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
- Assist in the management of the training and competency assurance management system in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and quality assurance
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops
- Deploy and conduct field assessments to verify level of content retention
- Work with field SME’s to address areas of improvement identified from field assessments
- Education and Certifications: Associates degree or Certification in Instructional Design or Education preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 5 years in industrial facilities, training programs, or similar industry. A minimum of 2 years of experience with curriculum and training development and presentation.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs.
- Able to work in high heat and cold environments wearing full PPE including fire resistant clothing.
- Experience in OSHA, EPA, FERC, DOT, and PHMSA rules and regulations required.
- Working knowledge of E-learning instructional design.
- Strong presentation background with communication proficiency.
- Strong logistics, time management, planning and scheduling skills required
- Working knowledge of regulatory training requirements within an operating environment preferable with FERC experience.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries, and governmental agencies.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Software knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Experience in Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360, or equivalent e-learning design software preferred.
- Experience in Learning Management Software administration required.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.