Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Field Operator – Process.
The Field Operator-Process reports to the Shift Supervisor taking direction from the DCS Operator-Process and is the focal point, on a shift basis, for the field operating activities and all associated equipment of the LNG facility as it relates to the safe and effective operation of Calcasieu Pass LNG. The Field Operator-Process is responsible for working with all facility operations personnel, Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to manage and optimize the LNG liquefaction facility.
Field Operators over the process areas will meet all field equipment qualification requirements and possess a thorough understanding of LNG plant equipment operating procedures. This will include maintenance protocols, safe handling & Permit-to-Work (PTW) practices, governmental compliance & regulatory requirements, related technical & safety standards and reporting conditions. Must train and qualify on the physical properties of LNG and is will be able to identify process changes from normal, abnormal and emergency conditions in relation to physical changes to field equipment.
- Operates field process equipment in compliance with all company environmental and safety policies, understanding operating and permit limits to ensure regulatory compliance while maintaining maximum reliability and efficiency. Reports safety and environmental concerns, problems, and incidents to appropriate shift team members.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the pretreatment, liquefaction, storage & loading. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor
- Serves as the focal point for process related field operations & activities on-shift in coordination with the DCS Operator-Process and communicates process changes that will affect upstream facilities or other personnel.
- Operates and monitors process associated field equipment and provides feedback on how changes will affect the facility.
- Controls the process within the operating envelope and according to established procedures to ensure maximum reliability for LNG production plan and product specifications are met and actively monitors the process throughout the shift to ensure consistent reliable operations.
- Identifies and troubleshoots process problems and deviations from normal operations. Reacts to process upsets and emergencies according to procedure.
- Understands and supports implementation of the equipment clearance PTW/LOTO procedure, as well as, Job Safety Analysis/Work Authorization/Confined Space/Hot Work Permits.
- Aligns plant equipment; makes necessary adjustments to plant systems and equipment as directed by DCS Operator- Process.
- Operates various manual and locally controlled pumps and valves throughout the process.
- Operates various computer systems (PLC) to analyze, comprehend and input data.
- Monitors and records data available through the use of various instruments, recording charts, annunciator systems and other monitoring devices onto shift logs as directed by plant operational procedures.
- Monitor off-loading of Aqueous Ammonia and other bulk chemicals at the site.
- Completes appropriate rounds for equipment inspections and readings, interprets meter and gauge readings of various pieces of equipment/systems to ensure proper operations.
- Keeps skills & knowledge current qualification & requalification and completes required refresher training to maintain and elevate the level of process understanding.
- Participate in the training program. A key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate departments.
- Participates in Operating Procedure & Manual development process.
- Participate in the development of Operations Training Program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the plant operators with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Education and Certifications: Associates Degree, Military training or equivalent experience. High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) is required.
- Experience: Five (5) years experience operations in energy industry. Experience in operations commissioning, startup & operations in oil & gas, petrochemical facilities experience desired.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of process plant operations, systems, and equipment.
- Applied knowledge of process operations & principles to daily decision making and work tasks.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring operational excellence.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Utility operations, including air, water, sanitation and nitrogen.
- Electrical power generation operations Ship unloading systems operations.
- Emergency shutdown (EDS) systems.
- Fire and gas detection and suppression systems.
- Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) operations.
- Basic machinery diagnostics.
- Basic office applications and time-reporting procedures.
- Basic Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) applications.
- Distributed Control System (DSC) operations.
- Process controls.
- LNG in-tank and ex-tank pump operations.
- LNG plant operations, principles and theories.
- Submerged combustion vaporizer operations.
- Boil off gas (BOG) and vapor return blower operations.
- Storage tank operations.
- Operation of Major Compressors, Turbines and Anti-surge Systems
- Operation of Acid Gas Removal and Dehydration systems
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighting up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable amount of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.