Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
Effective modularization planning, execution, and implementation have a significant influence on project success. Our projects mitigate risks associated with safety, labor availability, laydown space, site duration, and quality of work through the utilization of controlled fabrication and module assembly yard environments.
We have an immediate opening for a Fabrication Yard Project Manager. This position will be based at the module fabricator selected which can be located anywhere in the United States. This position will relocate full time to the module yard to lead the contractors and represent the owner. Typical assignments are 1-2 years at a single location; however, applicants should anticipate occasional, short-term assignments, between major projects. Applicants must be flexible regarding project locations.
As a representative of the OFE team, you will support modularization design reviews and interface points during engineering, fabrication, and construction planning. The role will report through the Director of OFE Delivery
- Provide feedback and best practices to engineering to support fabrication methodology
- Leading RFIs, CCOs, and mitigating cost and schedule issues
- Collaborating with the Contractors team, subcontractors, vendors, and others in an encouraging and professional manner
- Coordination with site construction managers on aspects they need to plan for including lifting and handling, installation, ship loose components, and any carry over work which may impact site contractor.
- Review staffing plans at responsible yard based on scope, budget and tonnage and provide feedback to the Director on staffing for both OFE PMT and Contractor PMT
- Provide constructive input into the module fabrication schedule. Monitor key dates and elevate risks or concerns proactively to avoid slippage in the plan
- Constructability oversite of the Yard that supports the best interest of our contract scope
- Review fabrication equipment plan, yard layouts, laydown management and facilities.
- Monitor module yard progress and report any deviations to management
- Execution experience in modularization design and construction for large and mega projects
- Demonstrated experience overseeing large process unit modules and pipe rack modules throughout stages of conceptual planning, detail engineering, fabrication, logistics, heavy lift, and setting at site
- Has led a team of modularization and construction professionals
- Strong communication and experience with fabrication planning, schedule development, and progress monitoring
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals.
- Desire to work on challenging opportunities and tasked with varying responsibilities
Candidates for this position will be evaluated based on the following:
- An attitude and shown proficiency to deliver Safety on a construction site
- A consistent record of dedication with at least 10 years of heavy industrial construction module experience
- Previous experience as a Yard Fabrication or Construction Manager with an emphasis on Module Fabrication and delivery
- A track record of success in safety, quality, contract management, planning, and progress tracking
- Shown leadership and social skills
- A strong dedication to employee involvement, team building and diversity
- Experience with P6, MS Project, Earned Value schedules, Productivity Tracking and Mechanical Completions Systems
- Construction experience with gas pretreatment and pipe rack module principles, but not necessary
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.