Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Plaquemines facility has an inside-the-fence combined combined-cycle gas-turbine (CCGT) power plant (~720 MW) consisting of GE 7EAs, HRSG and A200 steam turbines to produce the power required to drive the electric motors in the LNG plant. The “5 on 2” gas turbine to steam turbine configuration allows for significant flexibility for maintenance, allowing the facility to have extremely high availability for production. There will also be one aeroderivative (LM2500) gas turbine for startup and peaking needs along with an internal power distribution system and EDG configurations.
Location: Plaquemines Parish/Belle Chasse Area - Point of Reference: 19000 LA-23, Pointe Celeste, 70083
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Shift Supervisor – Power Island
The Shift Supervisor-Power Island reports to the Power Director and is the focal point, on a shift basis, for the coordination and supervision of all activities involving the safe and effective operation of the Venture Global Plaquemines Power Island. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for working with other Supervisors, Managers and Directors within the Operations & Maintenance departments to maximize LNG production.
- Drive a proactive approach to safe plant operations, keeping alert for unsafe practices and conditions and ensuring corrective actions taken. Ensure facility operates within all permit requirements.
- Ensure that systems are in place and operable for effective emergency response and be responsible for first line incident control. Ensure all safety and environmental documentation is completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup, and initial operation of the Power Island. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning and start-up team with the EPC contractor.
- Ensure economic and operational efficiency of the plant, ensure the shift understands the plant business strategy and budget, and manages resources (staff and materials) within operational requirements and budgetary constraints with focus on Power Island reliability and performance.
- Oversee execution of production plan, communicating goals and deviations as necessary, coordinate with other departments on behalf of the operations team, coordinate internal information sharing such as shift change and shift logs.
- Maintain efficiency and reliability targets to ensure maximum LNG production. Ensure all quality specifications are met and develop methods and procedures to increase operating efficiency.
- Ensure the plant operates within the operating envelope, ensure proper transfer of ownership of equipment between Operations and Maintenance, and determine and prioritize maintenance requirements including writing and management of associated work orders.
- Provide technical support to problem solving activities during the shift and ensure reliability issues are identified and properly communicated to the appropriate department.
- Supervise the activities of all shift operators; develop individual performance improvement plans with operators and formal training and development requirements. Provide informal mentoring and instruction, conduct annual performance reviews, and hold individuals accountable for performance and behavior.
- Participate in daily strategy planning with Production management and work to overcome the limitations and deficiencies to assure targets are met.
- Serve as Incident Commander and perform emergency management duties outside of normal working hours.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model, P&ID, and siting reviews.
- Participate in and/or lead the Operating procedure and manual development process.
- Participate in and/or lead the development of Operations training program. Once completed, a key aspect of this program will be to act as a mentor by providing the trainee with meaningful job assignments, on the job training, and progress monitoring.
- Support additional duties as required
- Education and Certifications: PTEC/CCOT qualification in an electrical generation field of study preferred, or relevant power industry experience.
- Experience: At least 10 years experience, of which 5 have been in a supervisory capacity in operations of CCGTs, preferably with GE 7EA and A200 STG configurations. Additional CC configurations and Air-Cooled Condensers (ACCs) experience a plus. Commissioning, startup and operations in Oil & Gas, petrochemical, or Independent Power Producer (IPP) facility along with internal electrical distribution systems experience desired.
- Strong leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring operational excellence.
- Organization and planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.