Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
In addition to liquefaction, LNG storage and loading and power generation facilities; the plant includes inlet gas compression, feed gas pre-treatment and utility systems including; hot oil, nitrogen, plant and instrument air, flares, fuel gas.
We are seeking a senior commissioning and start-up professional to join us as a Commissioning Start Up Electrical Lead. The Venture Global Commissioning team is responsible to ensure the safe and efficient pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operation of the facility to achieve the plant’s production and performance objectives.
This position will be located in initially in Houston, TX and transition to Plaquemines site in Louisiana. International travel will also be required.
- Oversight of Contractor electrical commissioning activities.
- Participate as electrical in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Represent electrical commissioning in project punch listing activities.
- Support construction process assessments during system pre-Mechanical Complete (MC) walk-downs and identify exceptions, deficiencies, and assign priority levels to punch list items
- Implements procedures to deliver the overall safety of the Plant and its personnel.
- Implementation of SIMOPs.
- Support Electrical factory tests and inspections
- Assurance and audit of electrical test plans and commissioning procedures
- Actively lead site safety observation program, hold and/or attend Daily Safety Meetings
- Lead and require strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures (LOTO), work permits, and company policies
- Review and spot check Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) audits for department
- Review scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed turnover package
- Review work packages associated with electrical system testing and commissioning
- Review test procedures for component and system testing
- Lead electrical site functional tests and sign-off
- Perform project document reviews
- Support site Change Management for electrical discipline
- Support O&M management of electrical spare parts and consumables necessary for the proper operation of facility
- Responsible for identification and resolution of electrical equipment malfunctions and deficiencies. Resolution may include written report and correction plan.
- Checkout installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practice
- Track progress of assigned systems and provide completions with timely reports on progress and activities
- Witness commissioning and testing of individual components, systems, and the station as a complete integrated unit to meet all contractual obligations
- Perform pre-startup and online testing of site electrical safety systems.
- Support site management of safety lifecycle documentation, and testing.
- Associate’s Degree in electronics from a University or Technical School, and/or job related experience and minimum of 10 years field execution experience
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery/Petrochemical Industries and Power Plant maintenance and operations
- Minimum 10 years of electrical experience in supervisor roles and/or specialization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Electrical Lead on mid to large scale project
- Must have broad technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and all types of Electrical instrumentations
- Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI), MS Office Suite
- EPC experience
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and electrical controls systems
- Must have knowledge of field-testing requirements and equipment to perform the testing
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical codes and standards. Including NEC, NFPA, NETA, and ANS