Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
Venture Global is seeking a Power Project Engineer to join our team in Plaquemines, LA.
This position will temporarily be based in Charlotte, NC prior to relocation to Plaquemines, LA.
The Power Project Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Focal point for technical issues/coordination between EPC and owner furnished equipment suppliers. Liaise with home office engineering for the resolution of technical issues that cannot be resolved at site.
- Participate in project safety program through safety walks, attending safety reviews, and providing safety input into designs, procedures, and activities.
- Manage power island RFI process between EPC and Owner Furnished Equipment suppliers.
- Review drawings issued by EPC and equipment suppliers.
- Identify quality issues related to defective or non conforming workmanship or materials. Work closely with construction team to ensure that contractors produce the required quality of work in line with project drawings and specifications.
- Research code issues and obtain necessary approvals with subject matter experts
- Attend kick-off and review meetings while interacting with EPC Contractors.
- Support systems completion process including completion of ITRs and PLIs. Ensure punch list items are prepared, collated and cleared expediently.
- Support commissioning activities for power island systems. Ensure systems are complete and pre-requisites have been completed. Coordinate interfaces as required.
- Support management of change processes.
- Review installation plans, documents, and requirements specific to area of responsibility and ensure requirements are clearly communicated to construction team. Actively support constructability program and communicate constructability issues to discipline engineers.
- Understand industry standards, applicable regulatory codes and requirements, and company standards.
- Assist in development and review of turnover dossiers.
- Attend project progress meetings and deliver a status of site engineering activities.
- Build relationship with contractor project engineering counterparts.
- Understand contractual requirements and communicate these to team.
- Actively support safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is require
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design, construction, or operation of electrical power distribution systems and power generation equipment. Experience representing asset owner in these roles is a plus.
- Team player with a mindset to work with a global team and with diverse cultures
- Must exhibit a strong desire to take ownership of deliverables
- Experience with water treatment systems is a plus.
- Experience with systems completion, commissioning, or turnaround activities is a plus.
- Able to read detailed construction drawings and specifications detailing the system design, including P&IDs and one lines
- Working knowledge of power generation rotating equipment operation include gas turbines, steam turbines, and pumps.
- Excellent technical, practical, and communication skills.
- The candidate will be required to travel domestically
- Experience working on projects with multiple interfaces.