Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The role provides a comprehensive project controls function for the assigned areas of the project, may include cost estimating, project planning, progress measurement and reporting, budget and cost control, resource planning, risk management, cash and accrual management, invoice attesting and processing. The role will oversee, facilitate, and ensure performance of responsibilities in accordance with Company and Project Guidelines and Procedures.
The Project Controls Manager, Fabrication will report to the Vice President, Project Controls. This position will be located in the Corpus Christi, Texas area.
- Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to HSSE performance.
- Manage and develop an organization that provides fit-for-purpose and effective project controls support to the project.
- Maintain timely awareness of project cost and schedule performance against baseline; analyze potential changes; recommend corrective actions.
- Support the Change Management process and ensure impacts are incorporated into cost and schedule forecasts along with contingency positions.
- Agree project arrangements for managing expenditure authorizations with cross-functional groups, i.e., Finance, Accounting, Management, etc.
- Ensure suitable project controls tools utilized and integrated for both Company and the Contractor systems.
- Monitor and review the project controls element of contractor performance throughout the contract life cycle; recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Control and coordinate communication to and from Company and external groups
- Facilitate sharing of data and analysis between Company and external groups as necessary
- Task team and hold action oversight
- Prepare regular and timely progress reports and may entail aggregating contractor’s cost reports and schedules into an overall integrated cost report and overall project schedule, detailing progress against plans and budgets, for circulation to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Populate and update Company’s project monthly report and submit other progress information as requested for management reviews.
- Manage the attesting and approval for payment of all invoices submitted for payment.
- Prepare project controls elements of bid specifications and review tender submissions prior to the contract award.
- Review contractor cost and schedule reports and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure the capture of project close-out information to improve cost estimating and schedule projections for future opportunities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or a related field.
- Minimum 10-15 years project controls experience with 5+ years in a lead role.
- Experience in module design/fabrication and working in a fabrication yard environment.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical, and complicated project execution program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical and management-level audience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate complex issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, EcoSys, and Primavera P6 along with other Project Controls tools
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.