Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas (LNG). The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director, Regulatory Compliance.
The Director, Regulatory Compliance is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements for gas transmission pipelines and LNG export terminals in Louisiana, with a particular emphasis on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) rules and orders, U.S. Department of Transportation – Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) requirements, and Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ) requirements. This strategic opportunity is for a proven Leader with primary responsibilities for the scoping, execution and management of permitting and regulatory compliance associated with the construction and operation of natural gas transmission pipelines and LNG processing facilities/export terminals. These projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse. This position will oversee Regulatory Compliance at multiple sites in Louisiana.
- This role will involve the input and management of numerous energy/environmental regulatory reviews and preparation of local, state and federal permit applications, resource analysis, corridor identification, route refinement, agency consultation, and public outreach.
- This candidate will have demonstrated success in leading projects and working within a group and independently to execute projects and help grow the energy sector.
- Candidates will have experience and knowledge of FERC rules and processes. In addition, experience with environmental processes, including those involving the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS), and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE) is required. Experience with federal, state and local regulators is also required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to lead the permitting of complex linear and other energy projects; strong critical thinking capabilities; a flexible approach to problem solving; excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written); planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality and professionalism are critical skills. The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are key to the success of this opportunity.
- Candidate will track all permits and regulatory conditions to ensure timely reporting and compliance.
- Ability to see big picture, understanding of company goals and ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of same goals.
- Demonstrated experience that includes establishing a program that ensures regulatory requirements are efficiently tracked and reported.
- Education and Certifications: BS or MS in a related field (i.e., engineering, biology, planning, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
- Experience: 15+ years of professional experience. This experience may include natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, regulatory experience with the FERC permitting process including NEPA, and prior project management of energy infrastructure and facility permitting projects.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
- Serves as subject matter expert and demonstrates detailed knowledge and understanding of FERC rules, regulations, and policies impacting the natural gas industry, interstate pipeline rate case proceedings, and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge and understanding of Department of Energy (DOE) regulations, rules, and procedures for importing and exporting natural gas.
- Supports site activities including reviewing reports and submitting reports.
- Manages and develops regulatory compliance strategies and training.
- Develops comments in response to proposed rule makings and other regulatory proceedings.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), FERC and DOT-PHMSA rules and regulations.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Proficient in technical writing, presentations, development of training materials and manuals.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in directing activities of remote staff.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.