We are seeking an experienced ETRM, Solutions Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs function in downtown Houston. The Senior Systems Engineer’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, overseeing implementation and support vendors.
- Be the primary point of contact for IT in the design, development, and implementation of the ETRM system.
- Assist in developing test cases for software selection demonstrations
- Assist in developing technical requirements for ETRM based on business requirements
- Assist in documentation of product selection
- Coordinate with Software vendor to understand system functionality including operations, security, and reporting to provide support to business
- Actively engage in design sessions with the Vendor and Business to implement the system based on Venture Global’s requirements
- Manage ETRM Vendors during ETRM Implementation on the project delivery and business stakeholder expectations to implement the ETRM solution by functional area (i.e. Accounting, NG Front Office, LNG Front Office, etc)
- Develop ad hoc reports as required by business to manage position, risk, provide control and security data information, audit reports, provide reports for back office (accounting)
- Support the business in enhancements as needed as LNG implementation and other liquefaction facilities come online
- Inform various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented
- Support the business with issues that emerge with the system to ensure business processes are not interrupted
- Be primary contact with Vendor Support services
- Develop and maintain business continuity tools and procedures for the ETRM solution
- Provide day-to-day end user support to business users for the ETRM solution
- Manage and support all interfaces to/from the ETRM including ICE, Curve Data Repository, Commercial Transaction System, ERP, and Production forecasting
- Assist in configurations required as our business expands including updates to deal templates, reporting, curve and location setup, etc.
- Liaison with vendors on application version enhancements, patches, etc.
- Provide audit support for ETRM security, change management activities, audit population reports
- Assess the ETRM and related systems architecture currently in place and work with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or commensurate work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with ETRM products and implementations
- Experience in managing ETRM implementations with Start-up Companies
- In depth understanding of physical NG activities and LNG
- Experience in supporting the ETRM system cross functionally from Front Office, Mid Office, to Back Office. Ability to understand business requirements from each function and articulate how those requirements are established in the ETRM
- Leadership skills and ability to coordinate and clearly communicate cross functionally
- Experience with working in SOX compliant companies and understanding of audit requirements for an ETRM
- Understanding of Risk Exposure for physical and financial NG and LNG and how that is represented in the ETRM
- Experience with bulk movement transactions in the ETRM, preferably LNG
- Experience with commodity financial trades, foreign currency and interest rate hedges.
- Hands-on experience integrating an ETRM system with Plant IT systems, Plant Historians, SaaS applications, SAP S4 Hana, Price data repositories, Commercial Transaction Systems, and working in cloud environments (Azure or AWS)
- Hands-on experience developing and supporting data analytics, dashboards
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.