Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American‑produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long‑term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Technician, Laboratory to join our team in Cameron, Louisiana at the Calcasieu Pass LNG Facility.
This role reports to the Laboratory Supervisor and will be responsible for progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase. This entails assisting in establishing procedures and work instructions for sampling, testing, analysis, reporting and chemicals management.
Post transition, the role will be responsible for conducting the analysis of samples for a typical LNG plant, analysis of which shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- LNG composition
- Refrigerant composition
- Dewpoint (Natural Gas & other gases)
- Water (produced, waste, cooling)
- Amine solution
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL, condensate)
- Oil (condition - viscosity, particles, ferrographic)
The incumbent shall also be highly familiar with sampling procedures and associated laboratory equipment to perform analysis of the above components. The candidate should have experience with oil & gas industry standards (ISO, GPA, ASTM, etc.) and their applicability within the LNG industry.
This role will be required to work independently nights, weekends and holidays on a rotating shift. Work will be conducted under the direction of the lab supervisor, or as delegated by the senior technicians.
- Collect samples as required including but not limited to: Vaporized LNG, High Pressure feed gasses, mixed phase liquids, Refrigerants, Amine, and Demineralized Water
- Login and receive samples to test and analyze the above-mentioned components, record lab results and generate summary reports
- Discuss out of specification results with operations and engineering for approvals
- Operate laboratory equipment to perform required analysis
- Execute daily laboratory tasks and requests in a timely manner with high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborate with other laboratory technicians on activities
- Maintain lab equipment readiness by performing daily Quality Control Standards (QCs) and keeping detailed records of all QC data in compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, or related field (preferred). Education may be substituted for experience, with preference given for recent LNG experience.
- One (1) -Two (2) years of experience in an industrial lab analyzing hydrocarbons and impurities.
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Knowledge of sampling and laboratory equipment is required
- Analytical skills in quality testing using gas chromatography, ion chromatography, wet chemistry and colorimetric methods.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to translate technical data to different audiences from different disciplines, industries or government agencies
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non‑disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.