Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking to welcome an Operations Specialist/Regulatory Compliance to our Cameron-based team. The ideal candidate will have a solid background working with PHMSA and Gas Pipeline Operations Supply and will be primarily focused on applying industry-leading practices to assist company in tackling the complex regulatory compliance framework and gas pipeline operations and gas supply interface. The candidate will be supporting the Pipeline Operations Manager through daily communications and communications with pipeline operations personnel, gas supply and commercial oversight, including PHMSA, FERC and all regulatory compliance.
The Specialist will deal with PHMSA regulators and will be performing field work related to rules, regulations, environmental compliance and pipeline construction regulations. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. He or She will ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required. The candidate should have a demonstrated understanding of working with clients to achieve compliance goals. The Specialist will perform jurisdictional analysis on pipelines and internal gap assessments to determine the effectiveness of programs and identify issues and noncompliance. Additionally, he or she will Identify potential or actual areas of non-compliance through personal on-site inspections. This person will provide input and guidance on compliance manuals, policies, and procedures according to company policy and regulatory requirements and assist in developing and conducting DOT training and emergency preparedness. Finally, he or she will provide regulatory interpretations and technical advice to the Operations Team using effective communications techniques.
- Facilitate PHMSA inspections including preparation of post-inspection reports, RFIs, etc. Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Represents the Operations Team in all aspects of Department of Transportation regulatory requirements with State and Federal Agencies.
- Demonstrates advanced technical and business judgment through analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and show initiative by identifying potential opportunities for improvements;
- Lead the development of appropriate criteria and the execution of reviews, audits and field observations as well as coordinating closure of findings. Work closely with internal and external Operational Team members for project acquisition and execution for projects related to integrity management programs and /or compliance.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information and resolving difficulties. Will be recognized as a subject matter expert for pipeline operations, engineering integrity technical and regulatory compliance issues. Provide strong people and technical leadership, and is frequently consulted by and involved with senior management within operations and engineering;
- Candidate will be managing Legislative and Pipeline Safety Issues monitoring and communications; Will be dealing with PHMSA regulators and will be performing field work related to rules, regulations, environmental compliance and pipeline construction regulations Experience working with a variety of land databases such as Quorum, FlowCal, SharePoint, SmartPlant, Fulcrum, and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experienced with the following and overseeing of gas pipeline commercial operations
- Understand PHMSA regulation and CRM compliant under 49 CFR §192.631 and §195.446
- Follows API Guidelines i.e., API RP 1165 Pipeline SCADA Displays, API 1167 Pipeline SCADA Alarm Management, API 1168 Pipeline Control Room Management etc.
- Manage monthly close process and coordinate measurement analysts
- FlowCal Subject Matter Expert
- Coordinate field personnel and measurement analysts (to resolve measurement discrepancies
- Prepare and distribute monthly measurement reports to operations, commercial, and management
- Maintain upstream (SCADA Software) and downstream (Quorum) data flow interfaces with FlowCal
- Contract Management
- Provide client’s customers with support for Nominations, Scheduling, Allocations and Imbalance
- Perform confirmations and scheduling of the pipeline for each daily nomination cycle
- Imbalance Management
- Invoice/Settlement Processing
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports to operations, commercial, and management
- BS/BA, technical degree or equivalent work experience;
- Extensive knowledge of US pipeline regulations (49 CFR 195 or 192); and,
- Construction Quality Control/Assurance concepts
- Minimum 5 years with 10+ years preferred in oil or gas pipeline and/or facility: Engineering, Construction, Operations and with preferred previous regulatory experience
- Able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Computer Skills; MS Word, Excel, Teams, Other
- Experience and able to work in and around active construction sites