Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking to welcome a Pipeline I&E Technician to our team in Cameron, LA. He or She will have the following responsibilities:
- Provides I & E (instrumentation and electrical) support for assigned assets such as natural gas processing plants, pipelines, and meter stations.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, repairs and calibrates wide variety of midstream instrumentation such as, but not limited to, flow meters, transmitters, sensors, analyzers, data loggers, programmable logic controller (PLCs), distributive control system (DCS).
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, motor control centers, generators, transformers, switches, relays, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, variable frequency drive (VFD), power distribution center (PDCs), uninterrupted power source (UPS).
- Familiar with the operation and maintenance of Cathodic protection systems, both impressed current and sacrificial anodes
- Configures and programs industrial control systems. Performs loops checks, point-to-point verification and other testing regimes.
- Maintains complete, accurate and regulatory-compliant documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Calibration Develops ability to perform calibration on instruments with accuracy and precision in accordance with established procedures. Aware of environmental factors such as temperature, vibration, noise affecting calibration.
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Develops experience with software package with multiple maintenance functionalities such as equipment data management, preventative maintenance, work order system, scheduling planning, inventory control, asset tracking.
- Electrical Equipment & Electrical Distribution Network Develops knowledge and practice experience with electrical components and workings of electric transmission and distribution network.
- Industrial Control Systems Develops knowledge or and practical experience with devices to manage, command, direct or regulate behavior of other devices or systems. Includes, but not limited to, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Industrial Instrumentation Fundamentals Develops practical knowledge of instrumentation used in midstream industry to measure, monitor or control temperature, level, pressure, flow. Includes, but is not limited to: temperature sensor, pressure gauges, pressure transmitter, pressure switch, flow transmitter, temperature controllers.
- Safety Awareness. Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Wireless Technologies Develops knowledge of and practical experience with technologies and devices used in industrial applications to communicate information gathered from sensor locations through wireless links.
- Knowledge of DOT CFR 49 Part 192
- High level time management skills and proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to learn and the ability to actively participate in all aspects of operations
- Valid driver s license and clean driving record
- Willing to work overtime including weekends
- Must respond to and address callouts and emergencies after regular business hours which may require carrying a communication device
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures
- Proficient with hand tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Follow work plans and safety procedures
- Use probing and sonar equipment
- Recognize unsafe and abnormal conditions related to maintenance activities
- Ability to work with a team and take direction from supervisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Preferred technical or trade degree