Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Management of Change Coordinator.
The Management of Change Coordinator (MOC), reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for ensuring the MOC process is administered, documented, reviewed, and approved for implementation for all work activities involving MOC at the Venture Global LNG Calcasieu Pass facility. These tasks are performed to avoid potential safety and operation incidents, and to comply with regulatory, environmental, and safety regulations. It is also the MOC Coordinator’s responsibility to ensure that all MOC changes involving process equipment and software are tracked and implemented in compliance with Venture Global LNG Calcasieu Pass HSSE guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all process, process software, and equipment changes are completed using the site’s Management of Change (MOC) policies, procedures and forms.
- Review each MOC to ensure proper functional reviews are being performed.
- Facilitate regular MOC status meetings, governance/assurance and status management of MOC records, overdue actions, target completion dates, temporary MOC expiration dates, and close out dates.
- Coordinate meetings to discuss and facilitate MOC implementation with subject matter experts, MOC owners, and operations personnel.
- Maintain competent knowledge of LNG plant operations to communicate with operations, supervision, engineering, and third-party contractors to identify MOC required items.
- Work in conjunction with Operations Engineering to facilitate timely completion of all MOC actions and documentation.
- Coordinate Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) meetings, document actions, and follow-up to ensure completion.
- Identify the changes needed or requested (design changes, software changes, mechanical changes, DCS software changes, etc.) that will require MOC process to be activated.
- Ability to write procedures and efficiently communicate with effected groups for MOC identification, and implementation.
- Develop efficient common method of communication, information, and documentation sharing between effected groups for all Emergency MOC, Temporary MOC, and MOC requests/tracking.
- Track and report the status of all open MOC related actions.
- Maintain the MOC system by keeping up to date the functional review matrix and subject matter experts listing.
- Carry out other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Assist with communication and training of the appropriate processes to management team.
- Drive compliance of users with appropriate change management standards and procedures.
- Coordinate the MOC closing process with Operations Engineering and other effected personnel.
- 5+ years of experience in Project/Plant Process Safety Management.
- At least ten (10) years working experience in or with Operations in LNG or other cryogenic hydrocarbon liquids and associated systems is preferred; however petrochemical and refining operational experience may be considered acceptable.
- Familiar with Management of Change software or process.
- Familiar with PSM Management of Chance process or has a strong Process Safety Management knowledge.
- Moderate leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- Must have strong operational knowledge of the facility, equipment and be able to relate with associated construction and maintenance activities taking place in the entire complex.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and have impact on the hourly workforce in a non-confrontational and inspirational manner.
- Must be able to adapt to changing conditions to make decisions with minimal supervision and have a high sense of urgency.
- Must Have good communication skills to interact with company and contract personnel and possess knowledge to clearly understand hazards associated with work performed or requested.
- The incumbent needs to be positive, and open-minded person, able to interact with other disciplines, self-motivating and able to work in a prompt fashion.
- Demonstrate the ability for continuous improvement and knowledge.
- Must be very conscious of the quality, health, safety security, and environment issues in the facility by attending meetings and daily communication with plant supervision.
- Computer knowledge including Apple Macbook, Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project & PowerPoint.
Freedom to Act:
- MOC Coordinator will undergo initial training until he/she will have an understanding LNG liquefaction, storage and cargo loading operations and documentation.
- Job is performed in an industrial plant environment.
- Limited travel and temporary assignment required as business conditions dictate.
- Subject to drug & alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Venture Global LNG.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, work at height above ground on stairs and catwalks, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear, smell, type and write.
- Must be able to board a ship via a gangway, climb to the top of a tank (200+ steps), scale vertical steel ladder up to forty feet or more in height and lift and move objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work indoors & outdoors, and be exposed to year-around weather conditions, ocean environment, and noise. There is a considerable amount of outdoor activities involved.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to pass regularly scheduled physical examinations mandated by regulatory authorities.
- Required to obtain mandated certification by attending Company-sponsored training in basic first aid, CPR, AED & LNG firefighting.
ADA Job Requirements:
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.