Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as Operations Director, Process. The Operations Director is responsible for management of the day-to-day operations of the Plaquemines LNG export plant. This position will initially be located in Houston, TX and then relocated to the New Orleans, LA area.
- Manages all operations policies, standards, procedures, strategies, and plans
- Directs the planning, scheduling and managing of all operations and marine related activities
- Reviews and approves all enhancements to the plant's equipment and facilities
- Develops ideas and reviews proposals designed to increase production, improve reliability, decrease production interruptions, and improve efficiency
- Coordinates with engineering on all operations related projects and new developments, from conception to completion, in line with budgets and on-time scheduling
- Develops and tracks operations budgets and KPI’s and ensures they remain on target
- Provides leadership and training, as required, to all operations personnel
- Recruits staff and monitors the training and development programs for staff
- Promotes compliance with HSE standards and guidelines, including any work engaging contractors, suppliers andcustomers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or technically related discipline, preferred
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the oil, petrochemical or LNG industry of which 4 must be in aProduction/Management position
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred
- Broad knowledge of budgeting, planning, scheduling
- High level of HSE knowledge
- Good personnel management, interpersonal skills, communications & organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to assist in development of employee training programs and their evaluations
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.