Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
An inside-the-fence combined-cycle gas-turbine (CCGT) power plant will use feed-gas together with the boil off gas, to produce the power required (~700 MW) to match the load demand of the LNG liquefaction plant, driving the electric motors of the liquefiers. Our “5 on 2” gas turbine to steam turbine configuration allows for significant flexibility for maintenance or down times, allowing the facility to have extremely high availability for production. There will also be one aeroderivative gas turbine for startup and peaking needs. The site has its own electrical distribution system, or grid, to be managed.
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as Plant Operations Director - Power Island. This person will be responsible for operating the Combined Cycle Power Plant to include growing and operating the plant in a safe, efficient and reliable manner while also optimizing the enterprise in a manner that shareholders continually accrue value. This position will initially be located in Houston, TX and then relocated to the Plaquemines, LA area.
- Maximizes the value generated for the Company. Optimizes the availability and security of the power island. Checks that annual, quarterly, and monthly performance matches the agreed program. Ensures daily operations meet production targets in view of quantity and quality specified. Ensures that the power island is operated to appropriate efficiency standards. Collaborates with other directors to contribute to the overall targets.
- Introduces and ensures adherence to technical, financial, personnel and administrative policies, procedures and controls. Prepares the annual budget and put controls in place for the expenditure. Prepares regular reports on operational as well as quality, health, safety and environmental performance.
- Provides ongoing training of staff to form highly qualified teams in order to undertake the various activities of the Company. Ensures operators are fully trained and competent to start-up and operate the power island. Continuously identifies need for job instruction, retraining and development of operations staff.
- Maintains the Company as an industry leader in the South Louisiana area and the US LNG industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of combined cycle power plant experience in operations with at least 2 years of experience in a similar position of responsibility and expertise in an operating LNG liquefaction facility of similar magnitude and design.
- Broad knowledge of planning, resourcing and services for large energy infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated achievement of set performance parameters.
- Demonstrated Health, Safety and Environmental awareness
- Experience leading teams in the development of training programs and manual creation.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate teams and maximize the value of people.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills across multiple employee levels and outside stakeholders
- Knowledge of generic Emergency Response management.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.