Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Manager, to be based in Arlington, VA:
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for transforming business data into insights that drive business value. Using data analytics, visualization, and modeling, they will relentlessly mine, aggregate, organize, and derive available data to identify opportunities to improve business performance. Communicating across multiple teams, this role will develop reports, KPIs, dashboards and serve as a point of contact for all data aggregation. This new position will be based in our Arlington, VA headquarters and report to the Senior Vice President.
This position will facilitate business intelligence processes and procedures development and implementation and will also be responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of our business intelligence applications. This includes working with contractors and vendors to develop data inputs and automated interfaces .
The role will also require effective communication to Project and Executive Management for timely decision making and incorporation of stake holder input. The role will be based in the company’s offices in Arlington, VA, with potential for travel to site project locations and contractor offices.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Manage BI software and integration with database tools.
- Design, develop, test and deploy dashboards, scorecards, forecast models, and reports for the presentation of business metrics according to business unit requirements.
- Analyze data, discover insights, and draw actionable conclusions from results.
- Provide analytics to influence key decision making.
- Tell stories and create visualizations to tie data to business strategy and direction.
- Develop simple and easy to use interfaces to make data appropriate to a variety of user groups.
- Be an expert in Business Intelligence and continue to identify opportunities to enhance data analysis, reporting efficiency and methodology. Stay on top of business changes, identify new gaps in data, and keep production dashboards relevant to the business at all times
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of relevant research and data analysis experience
- Proficient in business intelligence software, preferably Power BI; SQL or similar relational database management systems; and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with ability to effectively prioritize, meet deadlines, adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to efficiently summarize and prioritize information
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.