Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a senior leader to join us as Director, Maintenance. The Maintenance Director is responsible for management of the day-to-day maintenance of the Plaquemines LNG export plant. This position will initially be located in Houston, TX and then relocated to the New Orleans, LA area.
- Directs the planning, scheduling and managing of all operations and marine activities
- Directs support personnel for technical, design and engineering for the plant, including authorizing all enhancements to the plant's equipment and facilities
- Reviews and approves design and future maintenance for engineering and construction project proposals in order to achieve or exceed levels of production, improve maintenance troubleshooting, decrease production interruptions and improve maintenance productivity
- Directs the activities and approves all actions to maintain and enhance the plant's equipment and facilities, including engineering techniques to affect improvements in equipment reliability and corrosion control
- Ensures that maintenance planning, scheduling, long-term maintenance certification and inspection activities including condition monitoring are occurring as scheduled
- Coordinates with internal and external engineering in all operational projects and new developments, from conception to completion in line with budgets and on time scheduling
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet financial targets
- Ensures that the plant's predictive maintenance program for equipment is maintained and kept up to date
- Directs development of and approves contracts for maintenance related functions such as painting/coating, and arranges the procurement and equipment warranty terms and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years combined maintenance and plant engineering experience in LNG terminal and/or petrochemical/gas
- Minimum of three years maintenance and engineering supervisory experience
- Experience in LNG liquefaction facilities highly preferred.
- Implementation or supervision of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Broad knowledge of budgeting, planning, scheduling
- High level of HSE knowledge;
- Good personnel management, interpersonal skills, communications & organizational skills are essential
- Sound knowledge of mechanical engineering processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to assist in development of employee training programs and their evaluations
- Ability to carry out an effective analysis of rotating equipment and its parts
- Strong knowledge of the various types of equipment in the facility
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.