Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst who will be responsible for financial analyses, budgeting, forecasting and modeling. This person will work closely with all members of the team (including Finance, Project Directors, Engineering, and Operations).
- Assist in developing and maintaining the budgeting process, implementing new systems and analytical tools.
- Provide finance support, highlightingtrends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances for the functional leaders to assist them with cost management.
- Establish and maintain a reporting system, which provides management with appropriate information to drive business decisions.
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly and annual financial results for internal and external reporting.
- Generates reports to track costs against budget for projects under construction and in operation.
- Prepare routine & ad-hoc reports, tracks budget to actual costs and cash flow and partners with the Operations Managers to ensure reporting is accurate and up to date.
- Work with Leadership and Investor Relations team to coordinate and develop materials as needed.
- Review contracts to understand accounting requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 3 or more years of professional experience in Finance or Consulting
- Demonstrated understanding of key financial concepts, including but not limited to the financial statements, cash flow, net present value, and return on investment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to simplify complex projects and present key details and conclusions
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative abilities
- Interest in being a part of a team environment with rapidly changing assignments and priorities
- Demonstrated initiative and ownership of work with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with engineering, operations and project team members on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.