Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Production Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX temporarily before relocating to the Calcasieu Pass Facility in Louisiana.
This role will initially report to the Manager, Process Engineering and will be responsible for developing and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) schedule to transition the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
Post transition, the role will be responsible for closely working with key interface stakeholders to ensure that the safe and sustainable realization of facility production targets and other critical KPI’s are met.
- Support the development and maintenance of:
- a facility production forecasting model
- mass and energy balance models
- Support the development and maintenance of tools:
- to support production, environmental and compliance reporting
- to monitor production performance summaries and Key Performance Indicators for each processing Train
- for monitoring and ordering catalysts, chemicals and consumables needed to manage the facility
- Support the development and maintenance of loss accounting summaries to allow for identification and categorization of facility production losses
- Support the development of production engineering standards and procedures
- Coordinate with maintenance, gas supply, commercial operations and finance on facility operations and reporting
- Provide day to day troubleshooting support to operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Process/Chemical or Petroleum Engineering.
- One (1) to four (4) years’ experience working as an Engineer in a process plant environment would be a plus.
- Engineering graduates with a demonstrable passion to pursue a career in this discipline would also be considered.
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.