Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer, Instrument & Controls to join our team in Houston, TX temporarily before relocating to the Calcasieu Pass Facility in Louisiana.
This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will be responsible for developing and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase.
The successful candidate shall be a technical SME in the Instrument & Controls Engineering discipline with in-depth understanding on Process Control & Distributed Controls System (DCS).
The incumbent shall also be highly familiar navigating/interrogating the DCS to perform tasks such as tuning of loops, initiating control changes as required utilizing VGLNG’s management of change (MoC) process together with any Cause and Effect (C&E) and DCS graphic changes, and champion the Advanced Process Control initiative.
Expert knowledge in general plant Instrumentations & field devices, used in the Oil & Gas industry is key in successful performance of this job, such as:
- Distributed Controls Systems (DCS)
- Analyzers & Chromatographs
- Valves & Solenoids
- Transmitters & Sensing elements
- Flow meters
Additionally, this individual shall provide, as a minimum, intermediate level Reliability Engineering support to the Operations team with focus in the following areas:
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA): With expertise in relevant techniques to adequately lead RCFA exercises for failures relating to plant equipment and/or processes.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM): With adequate knowledge in relevant techniques to drive fine-tuning & improvements in existing Maintenance practices to achieve a cost-effective, yet safe robust Maintenance strategy.
- Serves as a resident company Subject Matter Expert, providing advice and guidance on Instrument & Controls system engineering issues.
- Provide daily-to-day Instrument & Controls systems support to the Maintenance & Operations teams to ensure continued operability of plant equipment.
- Providing advanced diagnostic support, to allow rapid production recovery, in the event of equipment failure and forced plant outage. Support Process Trip investigations.
- Provide general support to Analyzer associated issues.
- Provide Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) leadership during RCFA exercises.
- This include the ability to wrap up summaries (with causes and recommendations) and present to concerned parties.
- Support Alarm Management program.
- Responsible for Management of Change for Alarm/Trip settings.
- Provide support to the Maintenance team for Turnaround planning and execution.
- Supports availability tracking and improving the overall reliability for plant equipment and Responsible for evaluating the workflow process, identification of critical spares, spare parts storage and preservation requirements for Instrument & Controls systems throughout the plant.
- Education and Certifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Controls, Instrument or Electrical Engineering
- A Professional Engineering License or eligibility for registration.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience working in a senior engineering capacity, with Instrument & Controls equipment in an industrial setting in engineering or operations.
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Good working knowledge of motors, gas turbines (Frames & Aero-derivatives) and compressors is required
- Additional Skills:
- Working knowledge of CMMS Systems
- RCFA tools for conducting failure analysis
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.