Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Turnaround Planner, Electrical & Instrument Controls (E&IC).
The Turnaround Planner, E&IC reports to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor and is responsible for the effective planning of E&IC turnaround work at Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Liquefied Natural Gas (CPLNG) facility. The Turnaround Planner, E&ICis responsible for working with other Routine and Turnaround Maintenance Planners, Technicians and Supervisors within the Operations & Maintenance Departments.
- Builds turnaround work packages and assist with scheduling of E&IC Turnaround work according to Venture Global HSSE process and procedures. Plan tasks that prevent or mitigate exposures to unsafe turnaround work conditions.
- Builds turnaround work packages and assist with scheduling of E&IC Turnaround work according to VGIMS (Venture Global Integrity Management System), CPLNG Turnaround Work Management process and procedures.
- Lead, facilitate and coordinates risk based strategic and tactical Turnaround work selection and planning meetings, interfacing with turnaround stakeholders according to CPLNG Turnaround Work Management process and procedures.
- Strict adherence to VGLNG business controls, approved contracts/suppliers. Capture direct/indirect cost following required approval process in order to effectively monitor and control Turnaround budget expenditure.
- Owner of the Long range Planning process for E&IC Turnaround work. Provides support to the Integrated Long range Planning process.
- Builds turnaround work packages that minimize equipment downtime and utilizes resources to a safe, efficient and effective capacity level.
- Identifies potential constraints/deficiencies that could impact the turnaround schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Identify, plan, coordinate and assist with scheduling of Support Services resources (such as Scaffolding, Insulation, painting, etc.) in a coordinated matter with turnaround planning counterparts, Support Services Supervisor and other business areas.
- Works in close coordination and consultation with turnaround stakeholders (Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, Project, SCM, etc.) while developing turnaround work packages.
- Works in close coordination and consultation with Supply Chain Management department while Identifies required turnaround material, parts, external resources, third party contract services, rental equipment and tools.
- Works in close coordination with Operations to identifiy and plan required Pre and post Turnaround work to support facility deinventory and startup.
- Develops turnaround cost estimates and classification according to CPLNG Turnaround Work Management process and procedures.
- Supports Turnaround scheduler and stakeholders to develop the integrated turnaround schedule, time compression and resource leveling analysis.
- Initiates procurement of planned parts and materials required for Turnaround. Tracks procurement status, flags areas of concern.
- Development, implementation and utilization of turnaround maintenance Planning & Scheduling best practices, such as - but not limited: Scaffolding, Painting norms, among others.
- Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues during Turnaround to direct Supervisor, Support Services Supervisor and Supply Chain Department, as required.
- Capture Turnaround successes and improvement opportunities in a structured manner with a resolved implementation plan to support Lesson Learned identification and implementation program.
- Participates and /or lead CPLNG Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects in order to develop required planning maintenance systems, process and procedures before commercial operations.
- Assists with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the CPLNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Manage personal time card according to CPLNG Policies and Procedures (Vacations, time-off, Sick leave, training, “On-Call” etc.)
- Holds personal accountability for own performance and behavior.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to junior peers and counterparts.
- Aids in the development of Department KPI's, equipment reliability tracking, project planning and the tracking of progress to completion.
- Comply with all regulatory and Company training requirements
- Carries out other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Education and Certifications
Minimum a high school diploma or GED. Technical degree, or a nationally recognized standard (such as NCCER) is preferred. PMP certification – or similar is a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of I&C field maintenance work experience in Oil and Gas or petrochemical facilities and Power generation. Awareness of live plant constraints.
- Minimum three (3) years of I&C Turnaround maintenance planner work experience, or similar, in Oil and Gas or petrochemical facilities and Power generation.
- Knowledge of industrial standards, code regulations (i.e. API, ISA, FERC, NFPA70E).
- Strong applied work knowledge in Turnaround Planning, Scheduling and Execution processes, procedures and best practices.
- Experience with scaffolding, painting, insulating, heavy equipment operation-rigging/lifting crafts turnaround work estimation/planning.
- Routine maintenance planning/scheduling experience is preferred.
- Experience in Turnaround benchmarking for triple constraint framework.
- Experience in commissioning, startup, and maintenance of Oil & Gas or petrochemical facilities.
- Oracle Primavera (P6) applied work experience is strongly preferred. Definition, build and administration is a plus.
- CMMS/SAP applied work experience is preferred. Familiar with PM and MM modules.
- MS Project - or any other project/turnaround management application - applied work experience is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of maintenance and inspection of Instrumentation equipment such as, but not limited to Antisurge valves, MOVs, Triple Off-Set valves, Rotating machinery condition monitoring systems, Tank Gauging systems, Loading arm and Mooring/Berthing aid systems, IGVs, FGVs, Hydraulic valves, Ignition Systems, Cryogenics valves, Control Valves, ESD/BDV valves, DCS/PLC/SIS Systems and Hardware, etc.
- Knowledge maintenance and inspection of electrical equipment such as, but not limited to medium and low-voltage generators, motors, switchgear, MCCs, Variable Speed Drives (VFD and VSDS) , circuit breakers, protective and network relaying, AC Inverters and DC Chargers, batteries, etc.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required. Methodical detail orientated.
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvements initiatives.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Adaptability and initiative.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.