Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Routine Maintenance Planner, Instrument & Controls.
The MaintenancePlanner,Instrument & Controls reports to the Maintenance Planning Supervisor and is responsible for the effective planning of routine and preventive I&C maintenance work at Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Liquefied Natural Gas (CPLNG) facility. The Maintenance Planner, Instrument & Controls (Routine) is responsible for working with other Routine and Turnaround Maintenance Planners, Technicians and Supervisors within the Operations & Maintenance Departments.
- Build plans and assist with scheduling of maintenance work according to Venture Global HSSE process and procedures. Plan tasks that prevent or mitigate exposures to unsafe maintenance work conditions.
- Build plans and assist with scheduling of maintenance work according to VGIMS (Venture Global Integrity Management System), CPLNG Maintenance Manual and Work Management process and procedures.
- Strict adherence to VGLNG business controls, approved contracts/suppliers. Capture direct/indirect cost in a work order approval process in order to effectively monitor and control maintenance budget expenditure. Produce cost estimated as required.
- Coordinate and lead strategic and tactical planning meetings, such as daily operations-Maintenance meetings, weekly planning/schedule alignment/review meetings, backlog review meetings, among others.
- Build plans that minimize equipment downtime and utilizes resources to a safe, efficient and effective capacity level.
- Identifies, plan expedite required material, parts, external resources, third parties, contractors, equipment and tools to support the execution of the maintenance work.
- Identifies potential constraints/deficiencies that could impact the bi-weekly maintenance schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Initiate procurement and tracks the status of planned material and contract services.
- Identify, plan, coordinate and assist with scheduling of Support Services resources (such as Scaffolding, Insulation, painting, etc.) in a coordinated matter with planning counterparts, Support Services Supervisor and other business areas in order to develop an integrated plan.
- Initiates work order workflow to route turnaround work requests or work order, to Turnaround team.
- Develop annual maintenance preventive maintenance plan and resource demand/profile.
- Develop Maintenance Scope of Work for contract services, included the development maintenance work packs as required.
- Works in close coordination and consultation with Maintenance Supervisors and maintenance technicians while planning and scheduling upcoming maintenance work.
- Works in close coordination and consultation with Supply Chain Management department while planning and scheduling required materials and contract services.
- Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues to direct Supervisor, Support Services Supervisor and Supply Chain Department, as required.
- Development, implementation and utilization of Maintenance Planning & Scheduling best practices, such as - but not limited: Backlog and forward log management, Standard Job plans, Time on tools, Service Deliverable Dates (SDD), Standard Norms, among others.
- Sustain continuous planning and execution workflow and processes audits. Introduces best practices aimed to improving planning and scheduling efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports development of weekly and monthly maintenance key performance indicators reports (KPIs). Identify Non-Compliance root causes, proposes and implement resolution.
- Participates and /or lead CPLNG Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects in order to develop required planning maintenance systems, process and procedures before commercial operations.
- Assists with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and initial operation of the CPLNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Manage personal time card according to CPLNG Policies and Procedures (Vacations, time-off, Sick leave, training, “On-Call” etc.)
- Holds personal accountability for own performance and behavior.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to junior peers and counterparts.
- Education and Certifications
- Minimum a high school diploma or GED. Technical degree, or a nationally recognized standard (such as NCCER) is preferred. PMP certification – or similar is a plus.
- Minimum five (5) years of I&C field maintenance work experience in Oil and Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities. Awareness of live plant constrains.
- Minimum three (3) years of I&C routine maintenance planner work experience, or similar, in Oil and Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
- Knowledge of industrial standards, code regulations (i.e. API, ISA, FERC, NFPA70E).
- Strong knowledge and experience in Planning, Scheduling and Execution processes, procedures and best practices.
- CMMS definition and build experience is a plus.
- SAP experience preferred. Proficient at “End User” level of PM module is a plus.
- SAP/Prometheus (GWOS) experience is preferred.
- Turnaround planning/scheduling experience is a plus.
- Project MS experience is a plus.
- Planning/Scheduling of small to medium scale projects.
- Experience in commissioning, startup, and maintenance of Oil & Gas or petrochemical facilities.
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and inspection of Instrumentation equipment such as - but not limited to, Antisurge valves Accessories/Positioners, Motorized Operated Valves (MOV), Triple Off-Set valves, Rotating machinery vibration and speed monitoring systems, Tank Gauging systems, Loading arm and Mooring/Berthing aid systems, IGVs, FGVs, Hydraulic valves, Ignition Systems, Cryogenics valves, Control Valves/Accessories/Positioners, ESD/BDV valves, DCS/PLC/SIS Systems and Hardware, etc.
- Experience with scaffolding, painting, insulating, heavy equipment operation-rigging/lifting crafts work estimation/planning.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required. Methodical detail orientated.
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies.
- Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvements initiatives.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest levels of customer services, confidentiality and ethical behavior.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Adaptability and initiative.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.