Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Maintenance Technician - Instrumentation.
The Maintenance Instrumentation Technician reports to the Maintenance Instrumentation Supervisor and performs the safe, efficient and effective execution of all Instrumentation maintenance workat Venture Global Calcasieu Pass Liquefied Natural Gas (CPLNG) facility. The Maintenance Instrumentation Technician is responsible for working with other Technicians, and Supervisors within the Operations & Maintenance departments.
- Executes preventive and corrective maintenance instrumentation work according to CPLNG HSSE process, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Adherence to VGIMS (Venture Global Integrity Management System), CPLNG Maintenance Manual and Work Management process and procedures.
- Identify potential safety, health, environmental work hazards. Understand maintenance work scope and applicable Operation and Maintenance processes and procedures.
- Performs problem solving activities in order to ensure maintenance and reliability corrective measures are implemented. Functions as Maintenance SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Instrumentation systems.
- Prepare and create required Job Safety Hazard Analysis and Work permits under his/her area of responsibility (ePTW as applicable). Ensure permits are prepared and submitted to Operations well in advance before execution.
- Works along with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering counterparts to ensure the safe completion of maintenance work.
- Responsible for daily work compliance and progress reports according to maintenance work execution processes and procedures.
- Manage personal time card according to CPLNG Policies and Procedures (Vacations, time-off, Sick leave, training, “On-Call” etc.)
- Oversees contractor work execution, safe work completion, and performance according to CPLNG Contractor Management procedure. Reports contractor work quality/non-compliances issues to direct Supervisor and Planning/Contract teams.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to others and holds personal accountability for performance and behavior.
- Identify and request required special and routine tools/equipment/PPE for the safe execution of maintenance activities under his/her area of responsibility.
- Participate in CPLNG Ready for Operations (RFO) maintenance projects in order to develop required maintenance systems, process and procedures before commercial operations.
- Supports Instrument equipment factory acceptance test (FAT) and site acceptance tests (SAT) as required.
- Participate in pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and operation of the CPLNG Facility. This will include being a vital member of the integrated commissioning / start-up team(s) with the EPC contractor.
- Participate in various reviews during the Engineering and Design Phases, such as HAZOPs, 3D model and P&ID reviews.
- Education and Certifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED; Technical degree in Instrumentation, or applicable nationally recognized standard Certification. (i.e. NCCER / NICET)
- Minimum Five (5) years of maintenance Instrumentation work experience in Oil & Gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
- Strong knowledge of electrical industrial standards and regulations (i.e. ISA, NFPA 70E, FERC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of preventive and corrective maintenance of Instrumentation equipment.
- Applied knowledge of maintenance and inspection of Instrumentation equipment such as - but not limited to, Antisurge valves Accessories/Positioners, Motorized Operated Valves (MOV), Triple Off-Set valves, Rotating machinery vibration and speed monitoring systems, Tank Gauging systems, Loading arm and Mooring/Berthing aid systems, IGVs, FGVs, Hydraulic valves, Limit Switches, Ignition Systems, Cryogenics valves, Control Valves/Accessories/Positioners, ESD/BDV valves, DCS/PLC/SIS Systems and Hardware, etc.
- Experience/Knowledge of Yokowaga DCS system, BHGE MarkVIe, GC Analyzers (i.e. AMADAS) systems is a plus.
- Familiar with CMMS systems work management process (Work order process). SAP experience is preferred.
- Work experience in small/medium scale instrumentation projects.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and with individuals and groups from different disciplines, industries and governmental agencies
- Organized, strong planning skills, able to manage multiple activities in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Credibility to set high standards and promote continuous improvements initiatives.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with management, peers and the various facility level workers whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to operate Industrial Mobile Equipment (i.e. Forklift truck, Aerial Lift, etc...)
- Able to work at elevated height(s) over.
- Able to work over water and operate watercraft.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in good standing status.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.