Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s three Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide applied engineering and technical consultation for venture global in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training. This position will be initially in Houston, TX and then move to site near New Orleans, LA.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering technology required from an accredited institution.
Minimum of fifteen years of experience working in a power plant and commissioning of power plants.
- Experience should consist of increasing responsibility and shall demonstrate successful leadership and management skills.
- BS Electrical Engineering or related degree with minimum 15 years of experience
- PE license
- Knowledge of power distribution and power systems engineering practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
- Working knowledge of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, HRSG, and other Power equipment’s., including commissioning and start-up.
- Regulatory knowledge (e.g. OSHA, NERC, FERC, Environmental, other) associated with operation of a power plant
- Strong working knowledge of North American and International codes and standards for Power Plant Design and Distribution, including NFPA, NEMA, ANSI, AMCA, ASME, IEC, HEI and ISO.
- In-depth experience in operating a power plant.
- Knowledge and technical expertise in power plant operations and maintenance with an understanding of the key drivers for safe, reliable, cost effective and compliant operation.
- Uses and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to perform activities/assignments of limited scope.
- Supports the development of technical documentation (including but not limited to designs, testing, calculations, reports, standards, etc.) Utilizes and may assist with the development of procedures.
- Provides ongoing technical support for project activities within areas such as Operations, Maintenance, Testing/diagnostics, Regulatory, etc.
- May provide field engineering oversight for activities such as commissioning, testing, inspections etc. under direct supervision.
- Coordinates/leads projects or portions of projects (including phases such as research, design, equipment selection, procurement support, installation and commissioning).
- Under the direction of a supervisor, supports bid/evaluation processes by performing basic analysis and calculations on existing documentation and materials that support the preparation of bid documents.
- May coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and/or others and provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers. Responsible for continuous self-development of technical skills and competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people.
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior executives, leads and engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills.