Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking to welcome an Environmental Coordinator to the team. The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for all client oversight of activates for assisting with the understanding of environmental impact of the construction of the facility. The Environmental Coordinator is also responsible for the stewardship and tracking of modular construction activities, packaged equipment and site installation works with regards to compliance to Venture Global’s environmental procedures and the EPC’s environmental procedures. This person's prime objective will be ensuring Venture Global LNG’s vision and environmental regulations have been adhered to with special attention to the schedule impacts that may result during construction. Additionally, this person will be responsible for coordination and reporting from the module construction yards and site on environmental issues and compliance, including reporting on weekly and monthly progress with special attention to schedule impacts identified. This position will be located at our site in the Plaquemines Parish, LA area.
- Review work progress and monitor environmental impact and compliance
- Provide lead engagement for walk down coordination from client ops, construction, and EPC as per VGLNG’s Environmental stewardship procedures
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction specialists
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other environmental problems
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Ensure the implementation of all the environmental procedures and standards for all activities
- Directly participate in the HSE activities at site as defined in the Site HSE plan
- Review manpower employed by the EPC and Subcontractor are adequate to support the environmental stewardship procedure
- BS in Environmental Science, Construction Management, Industrial Management or commensurate work experience in a supervisory role
- 10 or more years of experience in industrial construction of Gas processing plants.
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) preferred
- Experience working on Client side as representation in the field
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work within a team with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
- Demonstrated ability to crawl, climb over obstacles, walk on uneven surfaces, and climb ladders without assistance
- Demonstrated ability to enter confined space or work on high-elevation scaffolding locations wail in a harness and achieve 100% tie off
- Demonstrated ability to climb stairs to the height of 135’ multiple times in a single shift and respond to incidence at height in a timely fashion
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.