Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American‑produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid‑scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking a Supervisor, Laboratory to join our team in Houston, TX with eventual relocation to the Calcasieu Pass Facility in Cameron, LA.
This role reports to the Director, Operations Engineering and will be responsible for developing and progressing the Ready for Operations (RFO) activities, ensuring seamless transition of the facility from EPC to the operations phase. This entails establishing procedures and work instructions for sampling, testing, analysis, reporting and chemicals management. The incumbent shall establish the laboratory management procedure, quality manual and laboratory services contracts.
Post transition, the role will be responsible for overseeing the analysis of samples for a typical LNG plant, analysis of which shall include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- LNG composition
- Refrigerant composition
- Dewpoint (natural gas & other gases)
- Water (produced, waste, cooling)
- Amine solution
- Natural Gas Liquids (NGL, condensate)
- Oil (condition - viscosity, particles, ferrography)
The incumbent shall also be highly familiar with sampling procedures and associated laboratory equipment to perform analysis of the above components. As well as supervise and manage commissioning of laboratory testing equipment.
- Serves as a resident company Subject Matter Expert, providing advice and guidance on laboratory system issues
- Provide day-to-day laboratory oversight support to the operations laboratory to ensure laboratory tasks & requests are carried out timely with high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Supervise a crew of laboratory technicians who will operate laboratory equipment to perform required analysis
- Coordinate training for laboratory technicians
- Maintain a maintenance and calibration program to ensure all analysis equipment are in top condition
- Inventory management of laboratory supplies and parts
- Education and Certifications: Associates Degree in Science, Chemistry or equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in a hydrocarbon laboratory
- Oil and Gas experience is required, with preference in LNG applications, however, petrochemical, NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or other hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Extensive knowledge of sampling and laboratory equipment is required
- Analytical skills in quality testing using gas chromatography especially LNG and condensate composition
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non‑disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.